PDA

View Full Version : LFS water in tank

txcareybear
11/15/2014, 04:07 PM
When introducing a couple peppermint shrimp, the bag slipped and some of the water from the fish store mixed in to my 24gal nano cube. The shrimp escaped and went right to work without my help. :o Tomorrow is water change day anyway, but do I need to do anything else?

JackandJill
11/15/2014, 04:09 PM
There is nothing you can do

Teenreefer15
11/15/2014, 04:34 PM
All you can really do is hope for the best. Haha. Wish you luck.

thegrun
11/15/2014, 05:58 PM
coming from an invertebrate tank at least there will not be copper in the water, if it was a fish there would be a good chance there was copper in the water.

Sk8r
11/15/2014, 05:59 PM
Oops. But of all things you could drop in, probably water from inverts is the most benign: inverts don't get ich and they don't carry ich if kept isolated from fishes; their water is usually 1.024 salinity on the nose, and they don't get fish diseases or fishy parasites. So just kind of watch it, in case some fishy plague got in, but the chances of that from a shrimp bag are about like those of getting struck by lightning, so don't lose any sleep over it.

ca1ore
11/15/2014, 06:25 PM
I've lost count of the number of times I've spilled shipping water into my display by accident. Even if it contained copper, the dilution effect would render it essentially harmless. I'd not sweat it in the least.

Teenreefer15
11/15/2014, 09:06 PM
Oops. But of all things you could drop in, probably water from inverts is the most benign: inverts don't get ich and they don't carry ich if kept isolated from fishes; their water is usually 1.024 salinity on the nose, and they don't get fish diseases or fishy parasites. So just kind of watch it, in case some fishy plague got in, but the chances of that from a shrimp bag are about like those of getting struck by lightning, so don't lose any sleep over it.

agreed. There is also no copper in an invert tank so you really have nothing to worry about.