PDA

View Full Version : Phantom clown acting weird in QT.

moneymm
11/16/2014, 09:39 AM
It's day 5 for my new phantom Clown from lfs. He was doing fantastic until last night. He was scooting along the bottom of the tank, never went in his pvc as he normally would. Now it swimming around at all.just staying in the same spot on the bottom of tank. And now I just fed him and his orange nano ocellaris partner, and the phantom didn't budge. He usually goes nuts at feedings.

All parameters are normal.

I did a 25% water change yesterday... Now that I'm writing this I'm realizing there was an issue with that. I mixed the sw for about 20 hours but when I added it the water looked like it wasn't mixrf that well, salt crystals looks visible for a few min...

One other thing is temp got up to 82 degrees last night bc I had the lamp on alil too long bc was out for night. I opened top and put room fan on and this morning it was down to 76.

Deinonych
11/16/2014, 09:45 AM
All parameters are normal.

"Normal" doesn't really mean much. Can you post the specific values for your parameters (temp, salinity, NH3, NO2, NO3, alk, Ca)? Is this fish in a QT or DT? How did you acclimate?

moneymm
11/16/2014, 11:11 AM
"Normal" doesn't really mean much. Can you post the specific values for your parameters (temp, salinity, NH3, NO2, NO3, alk, Ca)? Is this fish in a QT or DT? How did you acclimate?

Sorry... Temp always 79-80 besides that scenario I described in OP.

Salinity is now 1.015 .. Matched the lfs of 1.014 ( he told me and I confirmed it)

Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Ammonia 0
Ph 8.2

QT . I matched the salinity in bag water to my qt, floated bag for 15 min and then netted him right in.

Tank was treated w prazi a day before he was introduced to it. Because the other fish had a stringy poop ( but I think it was nothing bc he has been fine and it was just that one time tor 3 min)

moneymm
11/16/2014, 11:40 AM
im obviously a newb, i just want to know if its normal for fish to miss a feeding, and have days when they are acting weird. hopefully im just overeacting....

he is swimming around the tank now at all different levels...

moneymm
11/16/2014, 02:29 PM
now he has poop hanging from him... (def not stringy and white, its only a quarter of and inche and brown..

and he has been resting for the past 20 min or so in the bottom corner of the tank, at moments not swimming at all. somethings def going on.

and he ate a few pellets. anyone have any idea whats wrong with him?

Deinonych
11/16/2014, 03:25 PM
Clownfish can definitely be weird. My male has skipped feedings before, a couple times because he got constipated. :)

Other than that, it's hard to say based on your description. The good news is that you seem to be doing things right (using a QT, matching salinity etc.) It could be he's just not used to the new tank, or the other clownfish could be intimidating him. If he's eating (even just a few pellets), I would continue to observe for the time being. Keep water quality high.

moneymm
11/16/2014, 04:03 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/beolfb456skct3a/Video.MOV?dl=0 here is video of him laying around... im thinking do a teaspoon of prazi since its been 6 days since first dose on the tank.