PDA

View Full Version : Over flowing skimmer????

stormyseas
11/17/2014, 07:43 PM
I start doing my regular WATER changes and about 4 months about after i do my water changes every time my skimmer over flows it puts about 1 1/2 cups of clear skim in my skimmer cup, after i empty it, it stops and does not do it again until i do my next water change i cleaned my skimmer and it still does it, i thought it was my filter socks but i wash them in regular wash with a little clorox extra spin and rinse 2 times, then soak them in rodi water for 1 day, rinse and dry. It could be i need new filters on my RODI i use specturepure 5 stage but my 2 TDS meters on there outgoing is always 0.00 incoming is about 40 average. had the filters for about 1 year and 4 months but i only have a 28g nano with 10 gallon sump so i do not make a whole lot of water i did change the carbon and sediment filter 7 months ago. any ideas?? Thanks: O i use ESV Saltmix

Miz40B
11/17/2014, 08:21 PM
Are you turning your skimmer off during a water change?

stormyseas
11/17/2014, 08:55 PM
no i try to but sometime i forget and it will lose its prime and i just reprime it to get it going again

whosurcaddie
11/17/2014, 09:10 PM
Does the water level rise in your sump when you power off your pumps? If the water level rises where the skimmer sits the foam head will also rise. Look at that next time you do a water change. This would also explain why it only overflows a little and doesn't continue to overflow as if something got in the water.