PDA

View Full Version : Candy Cane fell

rfgonzo
11/17/2014, 09:47 PM
I have a candy cane coral that started out with two heads and now a year and a half later has 15 heads last week during the night one of my turbo snails jarred it loose from its rock, it fell about 2 inches into the sand, I put it back in at the same location as it's been for the last year and a half. Since putting him back he is shrinking away, he does bring out his tentacles at night so for the last three nights I've been feeding him misys shrimp but during the day no change. Wondering if there's anything else I should try? no tissue ripped from the fall but definitely not close to normal self.

Tweaked
11/18/2014, 10:25 AM
Give it time. These are animals and not plants so the slightest changes have a longer lasting ripple effect.

Webmanny
11/18/2014, 01:42 PM
I agree. If it didn't hit any other coral that may have stung it on the way down, it is just recovering from the fall and the change. I would not be too concerned unless this goes on for 2 to 3 months. At that point, I would probably stop feeding it and move it to some other location on the tank to see if it improves.

Just my two cents. Good luck.

m0nkie
11/19/2014, 03:38 PM
mine snapped in half and fell.. I glued it to another rock of similar height. now got 2 colonies.. I think these guys are pretty hardy. Just provide a stable parameter and leave it alone.