PDA

View Full Version : Reeflink should be free

mps0813
11/19/2014, 07:35 PM
Let me preface what I'm about to say with I love my radions. Been in the hobby for 25yrs and the slick look of the lights along with the rms on my 30L is, in a word, stunning. Couldn't be happier with the functionality and performance of these lights. But that is where my love affair ends. Dropping over $800 on lights and a mount, I passed on the reeflink for wireless control of my lights, figuring to control via usb on my laptop. No biggie. Well, laptop took a dump and now my only online access is through iPad. But having no usb input I'm SOL unless I grab a Reeflink. Thing is, I only have one tank, don't have the vortec pumps, and simply would like to manipulate my lights, my very expensive lights. Seeing that reeflink is simply a wifi 'bridge', and a buggy one at that, I simply wish you (ecotech) could morph its (reeflinks) capabilities into an 'app' (actually optimized for an iPad) that I can download for free to change my light settings. When I purchased my lights reeflink was $199, now it is still, IMO, overpriced at $99. All I'd like to do is have the ability to take control over my lights. I just feel that having the control over $700 lights or $400 pumps should be included in the cost of the item not as a obvious tacked on money grab, the way reeflink is... Thanks for listening.

mfinn
11/20/2014, 09:37 AM
Sounds like you were happy at one time with EcoTech, but one of your pieces of equipment that has nothing to do with EcoTech breaks down and now you want something for free from EcoTech?

aleithol
11/20/2014, 10:23 AM
FWIW, I personally like having the option of what to control my Radions with, and appreciate EcoTech not further increasing their cost by bundling them with something I wouldn't use. I love controlling my Radion Pro 3Gs, Vortec, Tunze's and everything else associated with my tank via Apex.

bbecher
11/20/2014, 02:05 PM
Seems like an easy kill to me. Spend $99 on the Reeflink and don't buy another laptop.

erndog1001
11/20/2014, 04:43 PM
While I feel your pain and have no love lost for EcoTech's buggy software or way of doing business. I have to say in this case that at $99 I think the thing is fairly priced. Not that I would buy one bc as we all know by now They don't work very well in a lot of cases.

mhurley
11/21/2014, 08:43 AM
This is closed.