PDA

View Full Version : Need advice pairing maroon

gar732
11/20/2014, 12:24 PM
I have a lightning maroon and a morse code that I'm trying to pair up. They are both juveniles and around the same size but the lightning seems to be the dominant one. When I first got them I introduced them to the tank at the same time and crossed my figures hoping this pairing would be easy, it was not. The morse code suffered from some torn fins and was fine otherwise but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be if I'd kept them together any longer. The morse code now resides in an acclimation box but the lighting is constantly trying to attack the morse code through the acrylic. I'm about to try to reintroduce the morse code but I'm pretty sure the results will be the same as last time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

OrionN
11/21/2014, 09:17 AM
You can get one of the glope that many LFS put animal in that they wanted to isolate. Put one in there and leave him in it for a month or so. They will be use to each other by the time you remove the globe. Mt LFS use this to pair maroon and it work 100% of the time. Put the smaller on in the case and let the larger one roam.