PDA

View Full Version : Is this Lymphocystis or Ich?

Neptune 555
11/20/2014, 01:49 PM
I have 4 fish in QT doing Tank Transfer on day 11. blue tang / yellow tang / mandarin / jawfish.

By blue tang has one white spot on his right and one on his left fin. Yellow Tang has white spot on left fin. Everything else looks great. They are all eating.. and color is briliant.

Blue Tang has had one white spot on left fin since I purchased him from the LFS. I thought it was ICH and since I was going to do TT anyway and blue tangs seem to always carry ich I thought it was fine.. He looked super healthy and ate like a pig so I purchased him. I have been following TT protocol as laid out by Snorvich BUT.. instead of my first TT on day 3 it was on day 4 b/c I added a fish. I had read that if you add new fish... you must start all over on day 1. Here is my schedule:

Day 0: Nov 9th: blue tang(1 white spot rt fin) /yellow tang/mandarin in QT
Day 1: Nov 10th added jawfish to QT. blue tang 1 white spot rt fin
Day 4: TT all fish: blue tang 1 white spot rt fin
Day 7: TT all fish blue tang 2 white spots (1 rt fin & 1 Lf fin)
Day 10: TT all fish blue tang 2 white spots (1rt fin & 1 lf fin) Yellow tang one spot on fin
Day 11: Trying to decide of I need another TT or if I can have them enter the reef tank waiting for them?

Is this ich or lymphocystis? On both fish bodies are perfect...? ONLY on the fin and it is not spots.. it is ONE SPOT on each fin for blue tang and now ONE spot on yellow tang?

I have attached photos to show that the ONE spots are to tiny you cant even see them and color is good? I would like to at a minimum put the jawfish and mandarin in the 100 gallon Reef tank 1 year old that is waiting for them? At most I would like to add all 4 fish b/c they will get way better water quality / food / less stress in the larger tank.

IS THIS ICH?

Thank you!! I am trying to follow the protocols for a super healthy disease free tank!!

Neptune

tylersarah
11/20/2014, 02:05 PM
Those look to be clear photos, but they are too small when I click on them.

Dmorty217
11/20/2014, 05:19 PM
I can see a single White spot on the Hippos tail in the one picture, is this what your referring to? I believe that looks like Lymph

Neptune 555
11/20/2014, 05:30 PM
it is impossible to get a photo clear enough to show b/c of marks on glass and water movement from the filter not to mention the fish MOVING.

b/c the spots are singular... and not moving... can you diagnose by that? I have seen ich before but it was many spots? But I don't have enough experience?

any other input on if this is ich or Lymphcytis. I have been reading the old threads and am not convinced either way. I am leaning towards Lymphcyts b/c if ICH would it not have multiplied and would be visible as many white spots?

Neptune

Dmorty217
11/21/2014, 10:04 AM
I'm going with lymph if it's a single spot and not dropping off every 3rd day.