PDA

View Full Version : Really want to control a Gyre

afusco01
11/22/2014, 09:07 AM
The Gyre is incredible by itself but I'd love to be able to control it from my Apex. It has a 24V 4A power supply output. Hook us up with a control method!

Pretty please?

The manual says 36V 2A but I read 24v 4A right off the power supply.

slief
11/22/2014, 10:27 AM
You will probably have to wait a little while. CoralVue has indicated that a 0-10v controllable version will be released in the not so distant future. Probably spring time if memory serves me. It's possible that somebody will hack the Gyre but since there is no telling how the circuitry inside that unit controls the motor, it may or may not even be possible on the current version.

afusco01
11/22/2014, 10:28 AM
You will probably have to wait a little while. CoralVue has indicated that a 0-10v controllable version will be released in the not so distant future. Probably spring time if memory serves me. It's possible that somebody will hack the Gyre but since there is no telling how the circuitry inside that unit controls the motor, it may or may not even be possible on the current version.

I have these skills and could do it but I'd rather push on Neptune to make a module. The Gyre is the best investment I've made to the tank... incredible.

TerenceF
11/22/2014, 12:10 PM
We would not need to make a module to control it. Currently there are two ways that Maxspect could go to do this and the technical notes have been made available to them for the Gyre to make it Apex Ready. The ball is in their court. We hope they run with it, but if past is prologue (lights), I would not bet my house on it.