PDA

View Full Version : upgrade to 2 ro

phillrodrigo
11/22/2014, 02:55 PM
I was just watching. Some brs tv. I watched the video on the 150 gallon upgrade by adding a second ro which feeds the waste water into a second ro which cuts the waste in half and ups a 75 to a 150. Since I use a spectrapure I wanted to see if you guys make anything like that to add to my 90gpd. I have the refurb unit. I do have insane water pressure over 100 psi so I have the water pressure to add it.

phillrodrigo
12/03/2014, 04:32 PM
Wow guess not. Not sure why the thread before and after we're answered and mine just ignores. Expecially since I'm trying to buy something nifty it's possible. Even on my last order my email was ignored about adding a flow restrictor that I forgot to add to the order. Instead of saying it couldn't be added it was just ignored.

SpectraPure
12/03/2014, 04:55 PM
Sorry Phil, Thanksgiving must have got in the way.

Simply adding a second membrane does not always cut the waste in half. The tap water hardness is more a factor in any size system. If the hardness (not TDS) is less than 180ppm, you can have a 2:1 ratio in any system. As the hardness goes up from there, more waste water (it's really the velocity of the water passing by the membrane surface) is needed to keep the membrane(s) properly cleaned.

Our piggy-back kit has the membrane, connectors, and a bigger flow restrictor. It's up to you to determine how much waste water you can get away with.

Support at SpectraPure