PDA

View Full Version : Bio pellets instead of GFO in dual reactor?

TangingOut
11/25/2014, 01:28 AM
I was thinking of buying the dual reactor, but was wondering if bio pellets can be used instead of GFO? If so, is the MJ1200 strong enough to tumble the bio pellets? I would be running carbon in the other reactor.

SpectraPure
11/25/2014, 10:07 AM
The reactor was designed for carbon and gfo/hfo not bio-pellets.
Simple facts:
The housings are too narrow to allow effective tumbling.
The pump is definitely not strong enough.
Yes, putting them in the "gfo" chamber does provide "upflow", but not enough.

Support at SpectraPure

TangingOut
11/25/2014, 09:25 PM
Ok, thanks.

Also, this may sound dumb because I must be missing something, but how do the cartridges open to put media in?

SpectraPure
11/26/2014, 01:55 PM
Hello!

The media reactor shells are a press in re-usable shell.

http://spectrapure.com/AQUARIUM/MEDIA-REACTORS-MEDIA/Media-Reactor-10-inch-Media-Shell

The load from the top.

These shells are perfectly designed for the media reactor. The standard DI shells are not suitable for a media reactor due to clogging of the pads.

Media in the media reactor shell can be tumbled.

Jeremy

TangingOut
11/26/2014, 03:08 PM
Jeremy,

I was planning on ordering the reactor and a booster pump kit during your black Friday sale, but while looking through the checkout process I didn't notice a will call option. If I were to stop by Monday can I still buy at the sale pricing?

SpectraPure
11/26/2014, 03:12 PM
I will honor the price reduction. Come by on Monday.

Jeremy

TangingOut
11/26/2014, 04:04 PM
Thanks Jeremy!! I'll make sure to ask for you.

-Tony

TangingOut
12/01/2014, 03:39 PM
Thanks again Jeremy!!

One other question. My RO unit is getting 4-1 waste to product. Is that in line for the system that I have?

SpectraPure
12/01/2014, 03:40 PM
Tony,

It def is. It was actually producing much less waste water before, but I changed the flow restrictor out for you. This will obviously make more waste water, but it will increase the life of your DI filters greatly!

Jeremy