PDA

View Full Version : Are the Milwaukee Digital Refractometer any good

Jyetman
11/25/2014, 04:39 PM
Deciding if the digital refractometer is a better idea then the analog. BRS has them on sale for $83.00 so trying decide. Any recommendations?

chercm
11/25/2014, 06:08 PM
was thinking of the same stuff

Jyetman
11/25/2014, 06:21 PM
was thinking of the same stuff

Hope I make the right choice always get a knot in the throat when spending more money on this hobby.

BrklynArch
11/25/2014, 06:22 PM
I've been using one for almost 2years now...no problems at all.
I have a traditional refractometer that gets calibrated with solution before each use as well and I'll use it as check every once in a while just to make sure nothing's out of whack and the digital is spot on each time. If your on the fence I say grab one especially at the sale price can't go wrong.
It's also nice to have the read out on a nice big digital screen. Hope this helps

Jyetman
11/25/2014, 06:34 PM
I've been using one for almost 2years now...no problems at all.
I have a traditional refractometer that gets calibrated with solution before each use as well and I'll use it as check every once in a while just to make sure nothing's out of whack and the digital is spot on each time. If your on the fence I say grab one especially at the sale price can't go wrong.
It's also nice to have the read out on a nice big digital screen. Hope this helps

It does thanks. The more I think about it the more it sounds like a better plan.

coseal
11/25/2014, 06:40 PM
i check mine with calibration solution from time to time. always matches whats on the bottle.

Adam G
11/25/2014, 07:07 PM
I have had mine for about a year and it is spot on. Works really well and it is quick and easy to get a reading. I will not go back.

AcroporAddict
11/25/2014, 07:50 PM
Had mine for over three years now and I love it. Totally worth the money, and not much more than a high end ocular type refractometer. Takes the guesswork out of it. Buy it......you will not regret it.

NSimpkins
11/25/2014, 08:06 PM
Can you guys answer questions about the Auto Temp Correction? I just got one and love it problem is that I don't know if it is correct.

I keep my house at about 65 degrees and my tank is 78. When I take a reading it will tell me 34 ppt. Then I hold my hand on it till the temp is same as tank and it says 36 ppt. Which reading should I trust? Why doesn't the Auto temperature correction work?