PDA

View Full Version : Need advise on treatment plan

mfaso24
11/28/2014, 06:58 PM
Hey guys. So heres the deal. I have 4 fish in my display tank (2 clowns, a chromis, and a gramma). I quarantine all new arrivals for 4 weeks, but somehow somethings made it into my system. My chromis i believe has flukes and I noticed a white spot on one clown which i believe to be ich. (Lesson learned...I'm quarantining and treating prophylactically from now on to take guess work out of everything.)
Anyway here is my plan and i want to know what you guys think. I plan on taking out the 4 fish and throwing them all in QT tomorrow morning with the fox face and starting a 6-8 week treatment plan with prazipro and cupramine (not at the same time). oh by the way my QT tank is 20 gallons which is a concern that I do have. Anyway, I'm hoping that the 6-8 weeks should be enough to kill off the ich and flukes out of my display tank. Im just curious what everyone thinks of this plan and if they feel this is a good plan or what?
I should also note that the infestations i don't believe to be bad and I do honestly believe my fish are strong and healthy enough to survive without treatment...however i don't want to chance it and at the same time I want my tank to be parasite/disease free.

snorvich
11/28/2014, 07:10 PM
If you have ich in your display tank, it will take 72 days to insure it is removed. It would be beneficial to read these stickies. (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2389659)

mfaso24
11/28/2014, 07:12 PM
If you have ich in your display tank, it will take 72 days to insure it is removed.

I thought the life cycle of ich was 30 days give or take. I'm just curious where you got 72 from.

snorvich
11/28/2014, 07:21 PM
I thought the life cycle of ich was 30 days give or take. I'm just curious where you got 72 from.

Please read the stickies. All of that stuff and more is documented there. Average life cycle is about 30 days with the front end of the life cycle being highly deterministic, but the back end being highly variable. As such for 100% probability of removal, 72 days is required.

mfaso24
11/28/2014, 07:31 PM
Please read the stickies. All of that stuff and more is documented there. Average life cycle is about 30 days with the front end of the life cycle being highly deterministic, but the back end being highly variable. As such for 100% probability of removal, 72 days is required.

Oh sorry I missed the stickies I just got caught on your first sentence. LOL I will read them for sure. Thanks!