PDA

View Full Version : Can't access apex through browser,

ReefGoatfish
11/30/2014, 03:28 PM
so this is a weird one, i can call up the login screen in Chrome or IE but once password and username are entered nothing happens, blank white screen, just before i went to get in it for the second time today (first time was fine) i had downloaded and iinstalled VLC (a video player) and i believe it high jacked my start page, because instead of going straight to the apex login screen it went to Yahoo, in IE , i use IE because the dashboard in apex on Chrome looks funky (graphic issues i think) but i could still access it the configuration menus and such , but not now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, java ? flash? i'm going to make sure both are up dated ,, but why a problem now ? and in both browsers?

thx for your time!

ReefGoatfish
11/30/2014, 09:16 PM
so all updates done and no help, i believe the problem is in the controller, everything is working fine tank wise, do the reloading web pages thing?? what is that anyway when we do that, are we installing web pages in the controller ?? and it sends them to the browser for us to interface with?? never understand that , thx again for your time

Raul-7
12/01/2014, 01:28 AM
Did you check your router to see if the Apex still has a valid IP? I don't think it's an Apex issue unless all your network settings get erased, more like an OS issue.

aleithol
12/01/2014, 06:55 AM
so all updates done and no help, i believe the problem is in the controller, everything is working fine tank wise, do the reloading web pages thing?? what is that anyway when we do that, are we installing web pages in the controller ?? and it sends them to the browser for us to interface with?? never understand that , thx again for your time

Updating firmware is a 2, sometimes 3-step process:

The firmware itself which is the operating system that runs the aquabus, your modules, and programming
The webpages which are stored on your controller and used by the classic/native dashboard for all interaction (just like webpages for other websites are stored on a server in the sky somewhere -- your Apex stores these on the controller so it can provide them to you even if your internet connection is down). You MUST always update the webpages, ensure every one updates correctly, and keep them in-sync with the firmware updates you apply, or you will have all sort of strange problems -- including blank screens, missing options, etc.
Bootloader updates which are not always provided with each firmware update, but when they are, it is called-out in the firmware update instructions. The update is simply done after you get firmware/webpages updated via the Display, and this small step that many people miss will ensure your controller has the latest and very important code used when power is first applied to your controller so it can reboot, find your modules, and get your programming running properly. Like some others, I personally perform this step every time I update my firmware for good measure to ensure I don't inadvertantly miss it.

More detailed update instructions are on the same page where the firmware update is obtained from the Neptune Site. (http://www.neptunesystems.com/support/sw-updates/)

slief
12/01/2014, 10:25 AM
Try clearing your browser cache. Then close the browser. Open a new browser and try to log back in to the Apex.