PDA

View Full Version : Overflow with 90 Deg elbow and strainer driving me crazy

frankenFurter
12/02/2014, 04:23 PM
Hello Everyone,

Ive been a long time forum lurker and have decided to reach out to the community for some help with my current overflow issue.
The setup is a 65 Gallon tank with 17 gallon sump from aqueon. The overflow inside tank is a 90 degree elbow with a strainer attached to it tilted sideways. On the outside there is a T fitting capped at the top with 3 holes drilled in it (in an attempt to quite it down), while the bottom runs to the sump.

So what i am experiencing is a loud trickling sound coming from the water running down inside the pipe. The elbow inside the tank is relatively quite no gurgling or flushing sounds. The water running into the sump is also quite. I have searched the forums for help and have tried varies things like putting an airline tube into the holes drilled into the T fitting. None have helped and I am going crazy trying to fix it. If the tank wasnt fully stocked with corals and fish I would redo the plumbing, but unfortunately that is not possible now.

PLease any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

rwb500
12/02/2014, 04:43 PM
can you tilt the train pipe so the water flows down at an angle? you may have to extend it.

frankenFurter
12/02/2014, 04:48 PM
can you tilt the train pipe so the water flows down at an angle? you may have to extend it.

Could you please clarify what you mean by this? Are you suggesting the drain be pointed down into the water?

frankenFurter
12/02/2014, 04:51 PM
Here are some photos of the set up

mcgyvr
12/02/2014, 05:00 PM
google.. durso standpipe