PDA

View Full Version : Using two chillers

kirsto71
12/04/2014, 03:16 AM
I have a 1000L aquarium that I have been managing temp using a Resun CL650 for some time. I am keen to purchase a second chiller as a backup as I am moving to Queensland which will see higher temperatures more consistently. Is it OK to run two cillers with say one coming in at 27C and the second at say 28C. Both can be setup with their own pump.

The Resun is designed for a maximum size of 1000L so I am thinking that getting a second larger chiller would be better. The main issue is I can get a Resun for an excellent price.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

jda
12/04/2014, 10:30 AM
Totally fine. You can even run them in sequence, if you want. Just make sure that your temp controller probe is on the same location where they dump water.

zachts
12/04/2014, 11:10 PM
No issue at all. But I would just run them both at the same set point otherwise one will end up doing the bulk of the work and run all the time while the other will likely never kick in or not much and would only really be a stand by back up for when the first one can't keep up or fails, which if it winds up running all the time it will fail faster.