PDA

View Full Version : Green Hair Algae + Cyano. Phosphates 0.16 PPM, Nitrates 2.5 PPM. Slowly but surely!

SonRK
12/04/2014, 09:11 PM
:deadhorse:

Sorry to harass you guys with constant questions, BUT I figure you will all take pity on my newbie body, so I too will learn and provide answers to new people in the future as well.

Okay, so as I mentioned in my previous topics, I'm battling GHA and Cyano.

I hooked up a reactor almost 2 weeks ago with GFO. Put about 75% of the recommended amount because Chemi Pure Elite contains some GFO I think. I'm gonna switch to Chemi Pure Blue, ditch my Purigen, and go full dose on the GFO reactor.

I just set up my skimmer today, mad micro bubbles, but what can I do. Damn you PLS-50 Elite. Hopefully it actually breaks in, unlike my non-elite that I had to deal with.

I also got my Hanna Phosphate Checker in today. Ran my Nitrate test and Phosphate check and got Nitrates: 2.5, Phosphate 0.16

Numbers aren't too bad, unless they're still being locked in by the algae. My green hair algae growth seems to have slowed down considerably though. I did re-aquascape about a week ago, and scrubbed as much algae as I could.

The Cyano is being annoying, but outside of doing 3 days lights off, I think I am doing everything I can to battle my nutrient war. Perhaps the end will be near!