PDA

View Full Version : Beamswork LEDs?

FinzAquatics
12/06/2014, 06:48 PM
Hey Everyone,

I am in the progress of upgrading my Seahorse & Macro Algae display.. I am in need of a larger light fixture for the new tank and I have someone selling this brand LEDs locally, but never heard this brand..

Have any of you had experience with this brand?

Please let me know your thoughts

Appreciated!

sirreal63
12/06/2014, 07:30 PM
You can buy them from AquaTraders, that should tell it all. It is a sub-bottom tier product, and like all bottom tier products it will either work or it won't. I wouldn't waste the money, you can get much better for not a lot more.

Indymann99
12/07/2014, 07:48 AM
I would look into the CurrentUSA Orbit Marine LED lights. they are not powerful enough for reef but should be fine for seahorse and macro needs. Fixture is inexpensive, looks good, and build quality is good.

my 0.02

quagmire
12/07/2014, 10:48 PM
I've used three of them, two 9w rim mount models and one 48" fixture. The metal flexible neck on the 9w models rusts rather quickly and the power supply failed on one of them. I cut the cord and replaced the power supply. The 48" model has been trouble free for several years. I use the 9w to grow macro, works fine. I've also grown sps, lps and a clam in a small experimental tank using the 9w. Certainly not a high end product but works for my needs.

Kentech5
12/08/2014, 09:40 AM
I have a beamswork with a flexible neck. The light stopped working after 2 years.

Count Percula
12/22/2014, 11:03 PM
I just got back into the hobby after 10yrs and found that my old VHOs were a thing of the past. So, I bought a 60" Beamswork LED and supplemented it with a 48" super actinic T5 and a Blue Plus 48" t5 ATI. I couldn't be happer. My zoa's, mushrooms, and Toadstool glow.
The Beamswork LED has 64 1w 10000k bulbs and 24 1w actinic 460nm bulbs.
True, I didn't spend $400 on namebrand, but the quality is awesome.
Marc