PDA

View Full Version : Sicce or Eheim?

nemofish2217
12/07/2014, 07:05 AM
Looking into in sump return pumps for my 40B. Silence and reliability are equally important.

I'm leaning towards either a Sicce 2, Eheim Compact 3000 or Eheim Universal 1260.

Thoughts for preferred pump and why? Or is it basically a case of any of the three will achieve my needs and be fine.

Also, if there is another more favorable option, I'd be interested in hearing about that as well.

Thanks!

Ryan391
12/07/2014, 07:52 AM
I would go with the Sicce, but I might go with a 3 instead of a 2. I just bought one. The pump is great but seems a little underrated vs others. Also, be sure you use the suction cups. I though I had a loud pump. Added the suction cups and it is dead quiet.

nemofish2217
12/07/2014, 07:53 AM
I would go with the Sicce, but I might go with a 3 instead of a 2. I just bought one. The pump is great but seems a little underrated vs others. Also, be sure you use the suction cups. I though I had a loud pump. Added the suction cups and it is dead quiet.

Thanks for the suggestion. I would probably use the suction cups in combination with a silicone pad of some sort.