PDA

View Full Version : dino's and hydrogen peroxide?

timi hendrix
12/14/2014, 01:49 PM
Well I finally started my three day blackout period and now I was going to ask if hydrogen peroxide would be a good idea. I read that 1ml per 10 gallons was what this guy used. What do you all think of that or should I skip the hydrogen peroxide. Thanks. Any other methods I should do.

reefgeezer
12/14/2014, 03:07 PM
From what I've read, it seems most aren't too keen on peroxide as an in-tank cure. I'll yield to experience there as I've only used it on hair algae outside the tank. I have successfully used lights out to kill Dinos. I'd extend the lights out period (total darkness) to 5 days.

hurley009
12/14/2014, 03:49 PM
I'm currently doing the same thing. Course when I did this the first time... 5 days of black out didn't rid it completely because it came back in a week. I used peroxide my second time and it had very quick effects on it. But for me I can't shake the stuff.

Currently I have my rock on its 2nd week of h202 black out and my fish and corals in a hospital tank.

I've had to resort to overdosing my main tank for a week so far w a black out during.

But since mines so drastic and yours not.. it did great for me to help fight it. Corals were ****ed but no loss of life.

hurley009
12/14/2014, 03:51 PM
Idk why it blocked the word.. but it says. P. I. S. S. E. D. Lol

james30ct
12/14/2014, 03:59 PM
I just did a 3 day blackout on my tank with peroxide and everything seems good so far. There seems to still be a tiny bit left but I'm gonna keep dosing it with the lights on. I have a shrimp, clam, sps, lps, nems, and fish and all survived.