PDA

View Full Version : Biocube 29 AIO filter

MTF7
12/14/2014, 05:57 PM
hello everyone i am looking for the best way to setup my filter for my biocube 29, i just want to say one thing first. I will be starting college next year and have not decided if i am staying close or if i will be going away mostly likely i will go away, sadly the dorms that my college has would not have room for my tank at all, so my parents will be helping take care of it until further notice so i want a lot of the filtration and stuff to be really easy not only for them but also on me but also being effective.

First of as of now i am having some algae problems, i have a few patches of GHA but not controlling the tank, a bit of a dark blue green cyano but on my top rock i have some grape caulerpa and some type of halimeda i think??

ive been looking into some stuff i have run chemi and purigen but i kinda slacked off on that now i am not too sure that if i go back onto that the algae problems will go away. however i have still been doing WCs and that has kept the algae to a minimum so i don't throw in the towel but i would like to rid my tank of all of it.

so here are a couple of questions

GFO reactor or chemi, purigen media basket or run both?

what about DIY GFO reactor that fits in the 1st chamber, media basket with chemi, purigen, and floss and a 9002 reactor in the second and will be switching to a rio 6hf for my return. how does this setup sound? could i run this or is there an alternate suggestion anyone else has?

biggest question i have is should i run GFO and chemi pure at the same time?

89Foxbody
12/14/2014, 09:01 PM
I had an Aquaticlife Mini skimmer in my BC29 and it worked great. Only costs about $55 too, which is a plus. Then I ran Purigen or ChemiPure and filter floss in an inTank media basket in the center chamber. I also scraped off the paint in the back and ran a magnetic LED light on the back to grow chaeto in the center chamber.