PDA

View Full Version : Q? on gluing bubble coral

GilliganReef
12/16/2014, 02:25 PM
I have a bubble coral that I would like to glue a rock. So my clown fish would stop knocking it over in the sand. My maroon clown thinks the coral is an GBTA. Every once in a while I will find my bubble coral that I currently have placed in my sand laying on its side. Wondering if I can glue the bubble coral to a rock? To give it more weight, so it would be tougher for my clown fish to knock over. Is this a possibility?

ThreeMoneyJ
12/16/2014, 06:35 PM
Give it a shot. Or if you plan on leaving it in the sand you could use large diameter pvc buried in the sand with the coral wedged in the pvc.

phillrodrigo
12/17/2014, 12:52 PM
Buy your self a 1/2 Masonry drill bit. Drill a hole into the live rock were you want it. Stick the stem in the hole along with some epoxy or super glue. It won't go any were

FinzAquatics
12/17/2014, 12:54 PM
I use super glue frequently... I think it works great.. Regular loc-tite seems to work real well

GilliganReef
12/18/2014, 03:58 PM
Ok thanks for the advice! Phillrodrigo I dont have a plug on it. The skelton base is about 3 inches wide. Just wanted to make sure I wouldnt hurt the skelton by gluing it to LR.