PDA

View Full Version : weld-on 16

Spaws
12/18/2014, 06:55 PM
hi i was recently attempting to add a couple baffles to an acrylic sump set up that i have due to it needs a higher water level. but the problem im having is that i want to bond the acrylic to the tank but i dont want to use silicon i want to try to make it look nice for my own taste not that it matters but just want to try to make the finished product look nice. well i cant find any bond that is non toxic after it dries & i am a bit scared to just use any in case for some reason it leaches into the tank and causes a problem around my area all i found is a tube called weld-on 16 id like to use a small bottle w/the suringe looking tip for smoother application. does anyone know of a safe type of bond i may be able to use, if so please share a link or a place i might be able to find near so cal or if its something i need to order online that would be fine too. thanks in advanced :fish1::bounce2::hammer::fun2:

rfgonzo
12/18/2014, 08:50 PM
Weld-on 16 is thicker and will fill gaps. Weld-on 4 will work in a syringe. Either way will work for you. Don't use silicon it will not bond acrylic.

Spaws
12/18/2014, 09:58 PM
The problem is I can't find any around here do you know where I might find #4? Yes I kno silicone won't bond but it wil seal but I'd rather not use it. So is there anything other than weld-on bond I might be able to use day another "like" brand

rfgonzo
12/18/2014, 10:57 PM
I don't know where you're located, but if you do a search online you will be able to find it.

Spaws
12/18/2014, 11:00 PM
I'm in SoCal I will have to look a bit harder thanks

Spaws
12/19/2014, 12:46 PM
I found weld-on 16 @paragon plastics in Santa Ana [emoji106]in case anyone needs any they got 16 & 4 in diff sizes