PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Osmolator won't pump water

italquam
12/18/2014, 09:51 PM
I have an older Tunze 5017 Osmolator , and when the "pump on" light goes on the water is not pumping and it seems that the pump keeps turning on and off quickly without any reason why. If anyone has any suggestions , please advise.

Has anyone had a similar issue at all. I am thinking it may just be time for a while new ATO system and not sure if I should stick with Tunze or try a different system.

Mark Bianco
12/19/2014, 08:21 AM
Post this in the Tunze forum and Roger (Tunze rep) is great helping people with their products

italquam
12/19/2014, 10:30 AM
Post this in the Tunze forum and Roger (Tunze rep) is great helping people with their products

Do you have a link to the Tunze Forum or know where it is located??

reefwiser
12/19/2014, 11:10 AM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92

reeftivo
12/19/2014, 02:53 PM
Do you run Kalk in your ATO reservior? I ask because mine was doing the same thing and the end of my hose clogged. I snipped a couple inches off and back in business.

If you dont run kalk in the reservoir then clean the optic sensor. That will cause that from time to time. If neither is the issue then it may be the pump. They are pretty cheap and I believe marine depot has them still.

I've had my osmolator for 5 years now and it's been rock solid as long as it's maintained.

Good luck