PDA

View Full Version : Super Skimmate locker.

IUfan
12/19/2014, 08:54 AM
Just got this.

At the risk of sounding like a moron.

How does the carbon filter work? When I opened the box I went to pull it out and the top came off the tube and carbon went everywhere haha. So I tried to open the carbon holder, it has two thumb screws that came off the bolts. But that didn't do anything as the bolts still go all the way through the carbon holder and through both ends so it's still effectively bolted down.

Took some pliers and wrapped the bolts with a kitchen towel so to not damage the threads, and loosened the bolts all the way through one side of the holder to open it, but it seems like there should be an easier way that I'm not realizing.

Any help, or instructions would be great.

70ss
12/20/2014, 01:19 PM
Mine has wing nuts holding top on. After removing wing nuts I put thumbs on studs and fingers on edge and pull up evenly side to side. Holes for studs are tight on threads but it does come off.

IUfan
12/20/2014, 10:30 PM
I think I just need to drill the top 2 screw holes to allow the lid to come off.

When you go to change carbon (and how often do you change btw?) do you just turn the Skimmate locker lid upside down and then pull the carbon container off? Obviously if you pull the carbon container straight up, carbon will poor out of the hole correct?

Avast Marine
12/22/2014, 09:12 AM
Sorry your having trouble. The lid is not threaded so once you unscrew the nuts from the top it should pop off as 70ss described. Once a year or two should be more than sufficient for a carbon change as it is just filtering air and there is quite a large amount of carbon in the super locker.