PDA

View Full Version : Apex Troubleshoot

IUfan
12/19/2014, 06:11 PM
Worked flawlessly for 3 years.

Today, something has happened.

Apex still functions like normal, I just cannot connect to the webpage whether its on my phone, via the wifi (apex plugged to wifi via ethernet) or via hardwired into my computer.

Nothing is working, will not load the webpage.

I have tried turning the power off to the apex, restarting my wifi, I used the apex browser utility it finds the apex when its hardwired but I click to open in the web page and it still wont load.

Any ideas?

Raul-7
12/19/2014, 09:22 PM
Did the port number change on the Apex? It should be 80 for HTTP.

The default gateway/DNS server should be the IP address of your router (ie. the address you type to login to your router).

Did the IP address change; it might if it was DHCP? Login to your router; check the settings - see if the Apex still has the same IP address and if it's active.

slief
12/19/2014, 11:16 PM
Did the port number change on the Apex? It should be 80 for HTTP.

The default gateway/DNS server should be the IP address of your router (ie. the address you type to login to your router).

Did the IP address change; it might if it was DHCP? Login to your router; check the settings - see if the Apex still has the same IP address and if it's active.

Good suggestions.

Make sure you are typing in your IP address followed by the port number. For example from your internal network, if your ip address for the Apex is: 192.168.1.20 and you are at port 80 type: 192.168.1.20:80

If you are using dyndns, then it would be your dyndns address followed by :80 just like the above example. If you know your router external IP address, you can use that from the outside with :80 at the end of the address just like the above example. Keep in mind that if you have DSL, the routers external IP address can change randomly or as a result of a power cycle. It is the key reason why many of us use DynDns. If you are using your routers external IP with the port number and port forwarding properly setup, I'd double check the routers external IP address to make sure it didn't change.

It could also be that port 80 is being blocked by your router or firewall. Something could have changed with a router update or a change on the ISP side.

First thing I would try is power cycling the Apex. If that doesn't work, follow Raul's suggestions.

Last thing I would try is changing the port number. At one point, I had to change mine because something on my network caused issues with my Apex at port 80.

IUfan
12/20/2014, 01:11 AM
Sorry, after I wrote this got a call back from customer support.

Wow, those guys are amazing, spent an hour on the phone with me fixing it all, I don't really know what went wrong, or how or why, or how it was even fixed tbh, they logged in and took control of my computer and went through and fixed it. While they were at it, they updated my firmware and got me started on Fusion.

Honestly, where else do you get that level of support these days. Outstanding! Really saved my bacon as I head out of town in the am for Xmas.

Thanks Neptune!

Raul-7
12/20/2014, 04:36 AM
Good suggestions.

Make sure you are typing in your IP address followed by the port number. For example from your internal network, if your ip address for the Apex is: 192.168.1.20 and you are at port 80 type: 192.168.1.20:80

If you are using dyndns, then it would be your dyndns address followed by :80 just like the above example. If you know your router external IP address, you can use that from the outside with :80 at the end of the address just like the above example. Keep in mind that if you have DSL, the routers external IP address can change randomly or as a result of a power cycle. It is the key reason why many of us use DynDns. If you are using your routers external IP with the port number and port forwarding properly setup, I'd double check the routers external IP address to make sure it didn't change.

It could also be that port 80 is being blocked by your router or firewall. Something could have changed with a router update or a change on the ISP side.

First thing I would try is power cycling the Apex. If that doesn't work, follow Raul's suggestions.

Last thing I would try is changing the port number. At one point, I had to change mine because something on my network caused issues with my Apex at port 80.

You don't need to type the port number in your browser if you're using HTTP aka port 80.