PDA

View Full Version : Would these fish live well together?

Tiki God
12/19/2014, 08:23 PM
I am collecting equipment for this tank right now, so it is still a month or two down the road before it gets wet, completely open to kind livestock suggestions!

The tank is going to be a 55 gallon FOWLR, with either a 10 or 20 gallon sump and refugium.

---

I was curious if I could keep an angelfish and butterflyfish together, preferably a pygmy angel and pearlscale butterfly? Other fish would likely be a lawnmower blenny, an anthias, and if there's room some sort of midsize goby.

I already have a mixed reef, so I am perfectly fine adding not-so-reef-safe fish to this one! Just asking for constructive criticism please, thanks! :thumbsup:

Dr Colliebreath
12/19/2014, 08:35 PM
The pygmy angel and pearlscale should do fine together.

eatbreakfast
12/19/2014, 09:16 PM
That group of fish should cohabitate together without incident.

Betta132
12/19/2014, 09:17 PM
Get a tiger pistol shrimp if you get some sort of watchman goby or shrimpgoby. Very fascinating to observe.

Tiki God
12/19/2014, 09:27 PM
Ok cool, thanks guys! Would multiple anthias work or am I pretty much maxed out on fish?

Get a tiger pistol shrimp if you get some sort of watchman goby or shrimpgoby. Very fascinating to observe.

I am planning on some sort of pairing like that. Possibly the shrimp and goby pair! Do they pair on their own relatively fast, or would I need to buy an already paired pair?

Tiki God
12/19/2014, 10:14 PM
Also, what order should the fish go in? I'm guessing angel last?

Betta132
12/20/2014, 12:25 AM
Goby and shrimp will pair pretty much as soon as they find each other, if you have compatible species. Tiger pistols are compatible with most shrimp/watchman gobies.
I suggest adding the shrimp first and letting it burrow a bit. After an hour or two, add the goby, using a net to release it near the burrow's entrance.

Tiki God
12/20/2014, 05:22 PM
Ok cool. I will look into getting a pair, they are very interesting!