PDA

View Full Version : please help with lighting.

MdgtRac
12/20/2014, 11:29 AM
I just recently started a 10 g frag tank. Ive been a reefer for over a year now with some success I just cant seem to figure this out. Right now I have the kessil a 150 deep blue over the frag tank running for about 7 hours a day. I have a mix of acans chalices euphyillia and a Monti cap in the frag tank now. I was using the kessil over my 12g nano cube display a couple hours a night for some time. The nano has stock power compacts. I have great Color on all my frags but I am not seeing much for growth. Do I.not have enough white light on the frag tank. The deep blue is.nearly pure actinic. I want these frags to grow so.I can propagate in the future. I cant decide if I want to use my kessil and get some white strip leds to supplememnt growth. Or switch led fixture completely. Or go with a t5 fixture over the frag tank. Please help me.

MdgtRac
12/20/2014, 05:43 PM
bump, seriously no one wants to start a debate on which is better?

moondoggy4
12/20/2014, 09:06 PM
I would start with some patience, I think that is why some people take down their frag tanks, takes forever to get the ball rolling.

I had a small tank in my sons room with PC lighting very low lighting I wanted faster growth for my chaices which where growing by the way and I put on 150 watts of VHO lighting too much lighting not acclimated correctly no more chalice.

Ron1966
12/21/2014, 04:04 AM
I converted from T5 to MH. I kept the light about 15 inches from tank top started out with 4 hours a day and slowly increased light time to 8.

wildman926
12/21/2014, 09:47 AM
bump, seriously no one wants to start a debate on which is better?

Not really a debate. Blues provide color, "white" light produces more growth, at the expense of color or bleaching. It is that medium fine line that needs to found for YOUR system.