PDA

View Full Version : Need Reeflink help

Tinpanva
12/21/2014, 09:29 AM
Day 2 of trying to get this to connect. Initial setup has yet to work correctly. I've tried to install new firmware, says it was successful, however when I unplug the reeflink from the computer it says reeflink needs a firmware update. If I leave the reeflink powered up long enough, ESL sees it, however I never get the screens to set up new aquarium. Oh, and I've tried factory reset several times and reset the wifi on my end as well.

Update while typing this, just tried the ethernet connection, same results. Is there some sort of master reset I need to do?

Tinpanva
12/21/2014, 09:34 AM
If it matters, when I power up the reeflink, the following colors are displayed for several minuets before turning blue. Starting at 12 o clock. green green green yellow green red

Tinpanva
12/21/2014, 11:28 AM
found this link which is the same problem i'm having.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2456243&highlight=reeflink+not+connecting

I follow the 11 steps exactly, when I get to the end and instructed to unplug the usb and power up the reeflink, as soon as I unplug it I get the same message, reeflink needs a firmware update, I've tried to allow the update but it times out everytime. I've tried doing it all over again and just do a factory reset after i get the firmware update message, but the reeflink never connects to ESL. After just letting is sit (5 mins) the reeflink will turn blue, and I see my reeflink in ESL but no prompt to set up nor will setup connect.

Alex Y EcoTech
12/22/2014, 06:34 AM
If it matters, when I power up the reeflink, the following colors are displayed for several minuets before turning blue. Starting at 12 o clock. green green green yellow green red

Paul,

I searched your ReefLinks serial number and found that it was assigned to different EcoSmart Live account. Did you happen to purchase this ReefLink used? In any case, I would recommend power cycling the ReefLink to resolve the issue.

Tinpanva
12/22/2014, 10:27 AM
No, bought if from a local fish store, but knowing them, it was set up as a demo. Would that matter? Could you provide steps to cycle the ReefLink?

Tinpanva
12/22/2014, 10:35 AM
Just talked to LFS, He indicate (Tiki Corals) he ordered 3 at the same time, all 3 are BNIB. Purchased directly from Eco Tech.

Edit: Just want to say thanks Alex for the assistance. I'll be in a position to call in later this afternoon if you think it will help.

Additional Edit: LFS says that unit may have come from a vendor other than Eco Tech, but still sold as new. He's going to look at that from his end.

Alex Y EcoTech
12/22/2014, 10:58 AM
Just talked to LFS, He indicate (Tiki Corals) he ordered 3 at the same time, all 3 are BNIB. Purchased directly from Eco Tech.

Edit: Just want to say thanks Alex for the assistance. I'll be in a position to call in later this afternoon if you think it will help.

Paul,

To power cycle the ReefLink, simply unplug the ReefLink for 30 seconds then power the unit back on. If that doesn't resolve the issue, give us a call or email me directly. 1-800-785-0338 Ext. 2 or service@ecotechmarine.com Attn: Alex

Tinpanva
12/22/2014, 11:01 AM
Oh yeah, done that numerous times already. Shooting email your way. Thanks!!

Tinpanva
12/30/2014, 01:27 PM
Still working with Alex to get this resolved, but just curious, has anyone installed this that is running Trend Micro anti-virus? I'm just curious if I need to do something other than disable it to allow reeflink to connect.

Tinpanva
01/01/2015, 08:07 AM
Verified, Trend Micro conflicts with ESL. If anyone knows a work around please share

Tinpanva
03/08/2015, 07:27 AM
Just checking back in Alex, any progress for compatibility or work around for trend micro yet? Still have to go to office to make changes lol

EcoTech Support
03/08/2015, 11:05 AM
As anti-virus software gets more aggressive more and more problems arise for legitimate software. One of the first things that typically gets blocked is network activity. The ReefLink setup app uses HTTP/TCP port 8080 to connect to EcoSmart Live. Please check that your anti-virus program is allowing inbound and outbound traffic on that port.