PDA

View Full Version : How to kill Aptesia

renato120
12/21/2014, 06:55 PM
Hey guys I just spotted a couple of Aptesia I tried pulling them out, but they go right in the rock making it impossible to catch :mad2:
What is the best and easiest method to kill them?
thank you

TheYellowSnow
12/21/2014, 06:56 PM
Turn off power heads. Squirt with lemon juice. The end.

renato120
12/21/2014, 07:03 PM
Turn off power heads. Squirt with lemon juice. The end.

Lemon juice? you mean real lemon or the one you buy at a supermarket thats already the juice?
Is it safe to do it? Will it harm the fish and corals?

slief
12/21/2014, 07:04 PM
I use a few methods. One is the Majano wand. This works OK but you really need to get them good and generally requires a repeat or two. The second is Aiptasia X which works OK but also may require a repeat or two. Last method which works great if you can pull the rock out is a small pen torch. I've used this method numerous times on Aiptasia and Majano's and prefer it because it kills them the first time everytime. Just torch them until they are a bubbling mess.

cloak
12/21/2014, 07:06 PM
+1 on the cigarette lighter (torch)

rishu_pepper
12/21/2014, 07:32 PM
Had a bit of an outbreak last month in my 90g, with 2-3 dime sized ones. After consulting RC, here is what I did:

1. Bought insulin-syringes and lemon juice (the bottle looks like a lemon)
2. Bought 3 peppermint shrimps
3. Squirt lemon juice using syringe, requires finesse
4. ???
5. Profit (peppermint finished them off)

renato120
12/21/2014, 08:46 PM
Had a bit of an outbreak last month in my 90g, with 2-3 dime sized ones. After consulting RC, here is what I did:

1. Bought insulin-syringes and lemon juice (the bottle looks like a lemon)
2. Bought 3 peppermint shrimps
3. Squirt lemon juice using syringe, requires finesse
4. ???
5. Profit (peppermint finished them off)

I will try the bottle of lemon juice, I know this green bottle it sells at the grocery store near my house. I wouldn't be able to take the rock out to use the torch method, sounds fun to do it lol. And if the lemon juice doesn't work I will buy one peppermint shrimp.
Thanks guys!

icebrg5
12/21/2014, 08:57 PM
You could also use kalk(i used pickling lime) and make a paste out of it with a little tank water and then cover them in it. That's the method i used to get rid of majano anemones and it worked great.

pyithar
12/21/2014, 09:32 PM
i always use kalk paste. that's my favorite method. vinegar, epoxy putty and super glue work as well.