PDA

View Full Version : Apex Fusion connectivity with app.

IUfan
12/24/2014, 06:13 AM
So I have apex fusion working, and working great! I have the fusion homepage bookmarked to my iPhone homescreen with auto login. So that works well.

I would like to still be able to use the old app also.

All my network settings got changed recently which is what led me to setting up fusion for the ease of connectivity. So my old settings in the app now do not work.

Is there a way of utilizing the connectivity of fusion to now make the app work? Is there any fusion settings that can go in the setup page of the app (picture attached)

Note, the app works when I'm on my home network but I'm referring to when I'm not on my home network.

No worries if not, fusion works fine, but I liked how easy it was to view the device history on the app was easy to read through the day's events, make sure nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Thanks for any help.http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/24/851aa4f557b53dc7ad3ce812e36b096c.jpg

aleithol
12/24/2014, 07:08 AM
Fusion and the iOS App are completely separate and use different internal methods of establishing connectivity. The iOS App uses the same method as the native/classic dashboard -- so, if you get one set up using traditional networking methods, the same addresses will work for the other -- but Fusion remains independent and simpler to set up as you found.

To use the App when you are not on your home network requires you know the IP address assigned to your Apex by your router and ISP -- your ISP and/or router may change that address from time-to-time, hence the need to establish port forwarding if you want to always be able to find a device on your home network when away from home. If you want to pursue that setup, THIS STICKY (https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?39-Read-this-first-Basic-Networking-Setup) over on Neptune Systems Community forums provides some good links to get you started.

IUfan
12/24/2014, 07:34 AM
Thanks, yeah I'd set that up before, but that was 3 years ago and I've forgotten how to do it now.

So was hoping could use the fusion settings or something.

Looks like I have to do some reading and try to figure this out again.

Thanks for the help