PDA

View Full Version : Hair like things floating in water?

MTF7
12/25/2014, 02:09 PM
Hello everyone just a quick question, I have these very small hair like things floating in my tank it was just a couple days ago when I first noticed them I have filter floss and it seems like they have not been picked up by the floss at all. I have searched of a couple of hours and have found nothing, I could try a picture but they are so thin that they don't really show up on the photo well anyone know what this is?

Mrramsey
12/25/2014, 02:40 PM
could be small pieces of filter floss. I will usually get a fiber or two when I switch out filter socks. just a guess though.

MTF7
12/25/2014, 03:10 PM
My guess is some cyano that is maybe just stringing off but there is way to many of the "hairs" for it to be filter floss, it won't show up on pictures that's how small the strands are and I'm not talking like one or two here and there more like hundreds. It's probably just some stringy cyano so I am going to tackle it like it is just some string cyano.
I don't think its really hurting anything just looks bad and I'm sure my clownfish don't like it.

Mrramsey
12/25/2014, 05:43 PM
Is it like a spider web looking stuff? Vermitted snails emit a stringy substance.

phillrodrigo
12/25/2014, 05:50 PM
The vermin ted snails or they may be the first signs of dinos. I had the same thing right before I got dinos. I would always notice them when I disturbed the tank after doing a water change. Then when I got rid of the dinos it went away