PDA

View Full Version : Clorox Bleach & Filter Sock

chiefifd
12/26/2014, 02:41 PM
I have a question about using Clorox Bleach to clean Filter Socks. I just opened a new bottle of Clorox Concentrated Bleach, the bottle says "splash-less" Regular Bleach.

I placed the filter sock into a bucket of water and used about 10% concentration of beach solution. I swished the filter sock around and the solution foamed up a bit, almost like there's some soap in the bleach. I've been using Clorox Concentrated Bleach for sometime and have never found the bleach to foam before.

Anyone else experience foaming with Regular Clorox Concentrated Bleach?

Thanks

disc1
12/26/2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah, don't get the splashless next time. You're not in trouble, just be sure to rinse the heck out of that sock. Sometimes it's hard to find the regular clorox, but look at the generics.

chiefifd
12/26/2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks, I never thought about the splash-less being any different. I guess they need to add something to make it "splash-less".

I'll look for a generic or plain Clorox from now on.

Happy New Year....

doctorwhoreefer
12/26/2014, 07:54 PM
Fwiw chiefifd a guy did a comparison using a microscope between cleaning socks with bleach vs vinegar, the vinegar seemed to actually break material down in the sock, the bleach just seemed to bleach it more so.

:) (interesting thread the guy had)

chiefifd
12/26/2014, 08:13 PM
Hey, thanks for the info...Might need to search that thread out. Vinegar...Hmmmm. Very interesting. I've used vinegar over the years to clean lots of things, never really thought about cleaning socks though.