PDA

View Full Version : Programming the OceanRevive Arctic T247

PoggiPJ
12/28/2014, 03:27 PM
After struggling through the somewhat cryptic User's Manual and with help from my fellow reefers here, I think I finally figured out the basics of the unit and how to control my settings.

This is not to say that the manual provided is incorrect. It is correct. I am only saying that as someone without any prior exposure to the unit, I found it a bit difficult to follow.

So I thought I would write and post an "alternative" set of instructions for programming the unit using the remote. I have also attached the information as a MS Word Document for your convenience. I welcome your feedback. If you find something here to be incorrect I will edit the post and attach a corrected document.

Ocean Revive Artic T247 Basics
The Artic T247 features two separately controlled color channels, each of which can be set to their own Intensity, Time On, and Time Off functions. Channel 1 controls the blue LEDs, Channel 2 controls the white LEDs. When either of the two channels turn on, the intensity percentage for that channel is fixed at the last setting selected, and cannot be programmed to increase or decrease over time.

Programming the Arctic T247 using the Remote
The remote is not paired to a specific unit. If you have multiple T247 units be sure to aim the remote at the desired unit or you can make unintended changes to your other units. If necessary, fold an index card in half, and place it over the displays of the other units to block them from the remote signal.

Besides turning the entire unit On or Off, you can use the remote to individually set or change any of the following features.

Preview the current settings
Current time
Channel 1 On
Channel 1 Off
Channel 1 Intensity %
Channel 2 On
Channel 2 Off
Channel 2 Intensity %

Each of the above features can be individually set, meaning you do not have to go through ALL of the features if you only want to change a single setting.
Tips:

All times are displayed in 24:00 hour time format, where noon is 12:00, 1:00 PM is 13:00, and so on up to Midnight 24:00.
The lower section (2 rows of 3 buttons) are only associated with Channel 1 and 2 on and off times and have nothing to do with channel intensity.
If the unit senses a three second delay at any point during programming, it will automatically save any changes and return to the current time display.
When setting the Channel 1 on or Channel 2 off times, do not press the OK button. The OK button is used to set channel intensity.
When setting the Channel intensity percent, you will be using the OK, Up arrow, and Down arrow buttons.

Set the current time
Press the MENU button. The display will change from current time (HH:MM) to HS-E, indicating it is ready to program.

Press the CLOCK button. The display will change from HS-E to CLoC.

Press the right arrow once and the hours (HH:--) will blink.
Press the Up arrow to select the hour. Press the right arrow once and the minutes (--:MM) will blink. Press the Up arrow to select the minutes.
If you do not press another button for three seconds, the current time selections will automatically save. The display will change to HS-E, then to current time.

Set the Channel On and Off times
Tip: The channel 1 and channel 2 on and off times are set individually

Channel 1 (Blue) On and Off Times
On: Press the MENU button. The display will change from current time (HH:MM) to HS-E, indicating it is ready to program.
Press the C1 ON button. The display will change from HS-E to C1 on. Press the right arrow once and the hours (HH:--) will blink. Press the Up arrow to select the hour. Press the right arrow once and the minutes (--:MM) will blink. Press the Up arrow to select the minutes.

If you do not press another button for three seconds, the current selections will automatically save. The display will change to HS-E, then to current time.

Off: Press the C1 OFF button. The display will change to C1 oF. Press the right arrow once and the hours (HH:--) will blink. Press the Up arrow to select the hour. Press the right arrow once and the minutes (--:MM) will blink. Press the Up arrow to select the minutes.
If you do not press another button for three seconds, the current selections will automatically save. The display will change to HS-E, then to current time.

Channel 2 (White) On and Off Times
Press the MENU button. The display will change from current time (HH:MM) to HS-E, indicating it is ready to program.
On: Press the C2 ON button. The display will change from HS-E to C2 on. Press the Right arrow once and the hours (HH:--) will blink. Press the Up arrow to select the hour. Press the Right arrow once and the minutes (--:MM) will blink. Press the Up arrow to select the minutes.
Off: Press the C2 OFF button. The display will change to C2 oF. Press the Right arrow once and the hours (HH:--) will blink. Press the Up arrow to select the hour. Press the Right arrow once and the minutes (--:MM) will blink. Press the Up arrow to select the minutes.

Set the Channel Intensity
Tip: The channel 1 and channel 2 intensity are set individually. Intensity is controlled as a percentage, from zero (off) to 100 (full intensity)
Channel 1 (Blue) Intensity
Press the OK button once. The display will change from current time (HH:MM) to HS-E, indicating it is ready to program. Press the OK button once more. The display will change from HS-E to CH1. Press the Right arrow once and current intensity percent will appear ( 30). To increase or decrease the intensity for this individual channel, press the Up arrow or Down arrow respectively. Each press of the arrow button will either increment or decrement the intensity by one percent, indicating the new intensity for that channel. For example, five presses of the Up arrow will result in 35.
Channel 2 (White) Intensity
Press the OK button once. The display will change from current time (HH:MM) to HS-E, indicating it is ready to program. Press the OK button a 2nd time. The display will change from HS-E to CH1. Press the OK button a 3rd time. The display will change from HS-E to CH2. Press the Right arrow once and current intensity percent will appear ( 30). To increase or decrease the intensity for this individual channel, press the Up arrow or Down arrow respectively. Each press of the arrow button will either increment or decrement the intensity by one percent, indicating the new intensity for that channel. For example, five presses of the Up arrow will result in 35.

Preview the Settings
At any time during or after programming, you may review the settings to verify they were set successfully. Press the Preview button once. The display will cycle through the following four settings before returning to displaying current time.
C1 on (channel 1 on time)
HH:MM
C2 oF (channel 1 off time)
C1 on (channel 2 on time)
C2 oF (channel 2 off time)

DTdr2
12/28/2014, 04:42 PM
Thank you for taking the time to write this up. I ordered 2 of these yesterday, and now feel well prepared to program them.

PoggiPJ
12/28/2014, 06:52 PM
You're welcome - hopefully you won't find yourself scratching your head like I was :-)

justa210
12/29/2014, 04:08 PM
I didn't even get a manual with the 3 units I bought.

PoggiPJ
12/29/2014, 08:12 PM
I didn't even get a manual with the 3 units I bought.
If you received a little fold-out about 1/4 the size of a standard page, that was it. There is one on their site that you can download

PoggiPJ
12/29/2014, 08:25 PM
I wish I could edit the original post. The morning after posting that I came downstairs to find that only one unit was on. The other two never turned on automatically as I expected. As it turns out, there's one more step required to assure that the channels turn on or off automatically based on your time settings. It's stated in their instructions, but I didn't understand the context when I first read it. I will attach a new version of the document with the additional information to this post.

When you are not programming them, the units will remain in one of three operating modes: HS-E, CH1, or CH2. The units must be left in HS-E mode in order for the time settings to be active.

You can tell which mode you are in by pressing the dimmer button once. It should read HS-E. If it reads CH 1 or CH 2, then continue to press the dimmer button once until the display cycles to HS-E, then leave it alone. It will eventually return to the time display.

justa210
12/30/2014, 08:57 AM
If you received a little fold-out about 1/4 the size of a standard page, that was it. There is one on their site that you can download

Not a single piece of paper in any of the three boxes I got. I have not installed them yet but I printed your latest word doc to program them once I get to installing them!

justa210
12/30/2014, 08:59 AM
Are they no longer on the forum ?

PoggiPJ
12/30/2014, 10:13 AM
Yes, I believe they are here, just more active on the another forum, which I guess I cannot mention here because it changed to asterisks.

Reef Junkie
12/30/2014, 10:54 AM
Fantastic instructions. I just ordered a pair of these and will print out your instructions.

mushumatt
01/06/2015, 12:31 PM
Much help! Thank you

DTdr2
01/07/2015, 05:45 PM
Love my T247's, but customer service stinks. No phone number to call, or no one to contact for issues. PoggiPJ you did an outstanding job with the directions, and much better than what comes in the box.

I've got both lights programed, and one works as designed, but the 2nd one does not fully shut off. The whites turn off, but the blues stay on. I've tried using the remote control and the knob, both to no avail. The only way I can get the blues to cut off is to unplug the unit. Can you provide any help? Thx [emoji31]

DTdr2
01/08/2015, 07:06 AM
Quick update. I did get a response back to my email, but still haven't been able to resolve my issue. They think it may be related to the timer. In my correspondence, OceanRevive also sent me PoggiPJ's word doc instructions from this post to help me trouble shoot.

DTdr2
01/09/2015, 06:50 AM
Update, sent Stan the OR rep an invite to join in here. If he decides not to join in on this post I'll start a new thread about OceanRevive customer service.

TTime
01/09/2015, 12:56 PM
Thank you for posting this. Don't have one yet, but looking into this fixture in the near future so will definitely be referring back to this.

hcl2195
01/09/2015, 03:46 PM
Great job Pete! I wish I would have seen your post when i was programing my light. I think what we have run into with these chinese built lights instructions, is there is a translation problem. We all may have run into that with other Chinese built products.

mushumatt
01/14/2015, 03:02 PM
Update, sent Stan the OR rep an invite to join in here. If he decides not to join in on this post I'll start a new thread about OceanRevive customer service.

Keep me updated my timer just kicked the can. I have the light just running on a coralife timer and power outlet, manually adjusting the channels.

As soon as I cycle to HS-E mode the lights cut out, I can program time but the timer will not keep current time and will revert back to 00:00. Kind of an annoyance, but will get fixed soon I hope.

PoggiPJ
01/14/2015, 08:15 PM
Great job Pete! I wish I would have seen your post when i was programing my light. I think what we have run into with these chinese built lights instructions, is there is a translation problem. We all may have run into that with other Chinese built products.

Yes, I have run into this before. I may take a post -retirement job of rewriting instructions for Chinese companies. They take their best shot, but the languages are so different I imagine it's quite a challenge. I still need to add the section and pictures regarding adjusting the length. Just been busy

PoggiPJ
01/14/2015, 08:18 PM
Keep me updated my timer just kicked the can. I have the light just running on a coralife timer and power outlet, manually adjusting the channels.

As soon as I cycle to HS-E mode the lights cut out, I can program time but the timer will not keep current time and will revert back to 00:00. Kind of an annoyance, but will get fixed soon I hope.

Matt, did you make sure that the units were in HS-E mode when you set the CH1 and CH2 on/off times? I ran into a similar problem until I figured out about making sure I was in the HS-E mode. I still haven't figured out what HS-E stands for :-)

Another reason this happened to me, is when I use the knob to change the intensity of either channel, I inadvertently screwed up my on/off times.

DTdr2
01/14/2015, 10:36 PM

Loved the lights, but ended up sending both lights back for a refund. Had major issues with one, and it ended up going out all together. The 2nd one worked great with the timer (both channels), but I would wake up at night and the blues would be on, would have to unplug it in order to turn it off. Trying to communicate by email at 4:00 a.m. my time got frustrating not to mention spending that much money. I decided to cut my losses short, and will be going another route. Good luck to you. I feel your frustration

ChevyAddiction
01/14/2015, 10:43 PM
I have two of these lights, when I first got them, it seriously took 3 days to figure out what I was doing wrong! Now they work great, just wish I would have found this thread sooner. Thank you anyways as I am sure I will have to redo the programming at one point.

mushumatt
01/23/2015, 12:40 AM
Matt, did you make sure that the units were in HS-E mode when you set the CH1 and CH2 on/off times? I ran into a similar problem until I figured out about making sure I was in the HS-E mode. I still haven't figured out what HS-E stands for :-)

Another reason this happened to me, is when I use the knob to change the intensity of either channel, I inadvertently screwed up my on/off times.

Yes I had it setup correctly for about a day or two. Then I woke up and lights where off when they should have been on. I am just living with it and have it setup to a digital timer. I plan to live with it till I get my new tank setup and this light will be turned into my fuge light. I am going back to a 6-8 bulb T5 HO fixture with 3 LED strips from build my LED and moonlights. I get the best of all the worlds IMO.

reenact12321
01/28/2015, 09:32 PM
Much appreciated. I've been through my fair share of terrible instructions and your clear writing makes this sound like a snap. I can't wait for mine to arrive. (even though my tank won't be ready for like another week) :)

nyox
02/15/2015, 04:00 PM
Thanks for taking the time Pete. I'll now take the time to set these up correctly.

jacyn
02/16/2015, 10:39 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/16/d8817192c49e76026f5eb66baa53ff61.jpg

Setting mine up was a breeze with you're help!! Thanks again

PoggiPJ
02/21/2015, 02:04 PM
You're welcome! I''m glad it was a help :-)

bigblacktom
09/14/2015, 05:29 AM
Hi guys,

If I can drag this thread back from the dead... I just bought a second hand T247, but unfortunately Channel 1 doesn't seem to work. I can programme and dim Channel 2 just fine, but using identical settings for Channel 1 only produces the tiniest glimmer of light from the LEDs, regardless of intensity setting. I'm guessing it's faulty, but just wanted to check there wasn't anything un-obvious in the settings which might be causing this?

Cheers,
Tom

REENZ
03/30/2016, 01:32 PM
Can I set the ch 1 from 0900 to 2100 and the ch 2 at 1200-1700? Or do I need to have ch 1 lights off and program ch 2 for later than ch 1 on and off?
I've tried to set these lights forever and just won't work! Your directions are far superior to ones I received on box however still hasn't got it right. Can anyone help?

Jose.hern
03/31/2016, 06:37 AM
hello there, just wanted to if the channels on the t247 can be run simultaneously? or does it have to be one at a time? if so what channel and at what intensity do you recommend running during the day and what channel at night? thanks in advance for your advice!

Ron Reefman
03/31/2016, 08:53 AM
REENZ and Jose.hern. The T247 channels are completely independent of each other, so you can set each one to turn on and turn off any time you want.

One tip is to wait for the screen to reset after you make any changes. It takes 3 to 5 seconds. If you try to rush it, you just get things screwed up.

Run both channels during the day. I recommend you run the blue channel at 50% higher than the white. Something like white at 40% and blue at 60%. Then adjust to your get the look you want. There are no moonlights on this fixture. Even just the blue channel at 1% is too bright for moonlight.

Good luck.

danmartis
04/18/2016, 08:43 PM
hello!
i bought two lights and i have a problem with the dimmer.
looks like one light when i dimm the whites to 100% are very bright and the other light only turns on but there is no increase in intesity. what could be the problem?
Thank you!

KCSUMPS
01/03/2019, 02:17 PM
Been a couple of years but I used these and wala! works perfect on the two I just purchased used... THANK YOU!