PDA

View Full Version : Covert Durso

jerzeedevl
12/28/2014, 10:53 PM
I'm tired of the Durso standipe I have. I want to convert it to a herbie overflow. How can I do this without breaking down the tank? It has a glass holes kit on it already. So I have one hole drilled in the tank (bought tank used like this) and that is for the glass holes kit. The return goes over the rim. Is conversion possible with only one drilled hole? What if I use an external box as well so the water goes over the internal overflow through the 3/4" bulkhead and drains to the external overflow box which will have the herbie method plumbed. Will this work? Petco is having their dollar sale so I could just get another 40 breeder and start fresh.

What does everyone think?

jerzeedevl
12/29/2014, 11:31 PM
Anyone?

dukduk
12/29/2014, 11:39 PM
I have an extra 40b with the g-holes 1500 kit. I also thought about adding an external box to get three 3/4" herbies.

jerzeedevl
12/29/2014, 11:45 PM
Yeah I'm going to experiment with it tomorrow. I'll post an update!

RobinsonFam1
12/30/2014, 03:15 PM
external overflow/hang on overflow would cost the most if petco is have the $ sale.

i would either start fresh and make coast to coast overflow or convert existing tank to that.

thats just me though. the glass would not cost much and it would be easy to do. it will provide complete surface skimming as well with no dead corners etc.

jerzeedevl
12/30/2014, 10:38 PM
Yeah I picked up a breeder today. I'm just goin to start fresh. I want a low profile coast to coast.