PDA

View Full Version : Montana?

deagan14
12/29/2014, 12:13 PM
Any reefers out there from MT specifically the Flathead Valley? I feel like i'm the only one.

mwminer
12/29/2014, 01:22 PM
I'm north of Lewistown....this is not Reefer Country LOL

slief
12/29/2014, 01:26 PM
A man after my own heart!! Montana is my favorite place on earth. I'm looking for property out there as I want to move either this coming summer or in the summer of 2016.. I spent a year in Thompson Falls back in the mid 80's and have wanted to move back ever since. I go back to Mt any chance I get. As an avid fisherman and outdoor type, what better place on earth is there?

I have friends in T-Falls as well as Big Fork. While I have been primarily looking for river front acreage in T-Falls along the Clark Fork, I've also looked in Kalispell, White Fish, Big Fork and outside of Missoula.

I have to say you are extremely lucky! I've been planning my move and have every intent of bringing my tank, fish and coral along for the ride. How long have you been out there and where are you located? I'd have to imagine that there aren't much in the way of salt water related stores if any near Kalispell or Missoula.

mwminer
12/29/2014, 01:28 PM
I'm north of Lewistown....this is not Reefer Country LOL

hdking
12/29/2014, 02:20 PM
im in great falls...there are a few of us here.

mwminer
12/29/2014, 04:05 PM
Don't know how the double post got there LOL.

The ONLY decent LFS I know of is Crystal Clear Aquariums in Bozeman (which is about 250 miles from me)their tanks are always clean and [I]sometimes[I] depending on the day the Heights Pet Center in Billings. Sometimes their tanks are really clean and other times I wouldn't want anything out of them. I think there was one in Missoula that was moving its location when I went in there and they did not have much but I do not remember their name nor have I ever seen any of their tanks.

Most everything you want you either have to order online.

JenniB
12/29/2014, 04:08 PM
Same here. not many of us that I have run into in the northern Idaho/Bonners Ferry area

JJ70
12/29/2014, 06:17 PM
I'm in Billings.

cherubfish pair
12/29/2014, 08:24 PM
I'm in Libby, extreme NW Montana, an hour and a half from the OP. They have a LFS with salt and Petco of course. The LFS is pretty limited and then there's Aquatic Dreams in Post Falls, Idaho, strictly salt but 150 miles from me. So for me it's LA, Vivid, Saltwaterfish.com, Blue Zoo and some others. Glad to know there are others out there who are isolated like me. I wish there was some way we could get together. I almost went to Macna this year, probably the closest it will ever get to me unless they have it in Seattle but the timing was bad.

hdking
12/30/2014, 08:08 AM
store in missoula is called reefmissoula and is on brooks st. in parking lot for montana club...thats where i get most of my livestock.

mwminer
12/30/2014, 08:47 AM
store in missoula is called reefmissoula and is on brooks st. in parking lot for montana club...thats where i get most of my livestock.

I'll bet that was the store I was thinking of. Good to know, I go through Missoula occasionally!

slief
12/30/2014, 10:05 AM

That definitely is good to know.