PDA

View Full Version : Dying or dead anemone?

Clown Town
12/29/2014, 09:12 PM
Hey guys, as some of you may know I got a 65g tank with two clowns and supposedly an anemone. It has never looked like an anemone and has only gotten worse since the tank was setup. Could someone please tell me what it is and whether I should get rid of it? Thanks in advance.

Daniel62
12/29/2014, 11:06 PM
Don't see it

Clown Town
12/30/2014, 06:47 AM
I guess its kinda hard to see, but its tightly packed to each other like 1/8" long tubes at the most. They have slowly been turning gray and shrinking down. Can you not see the picture at all or just see it in the picture? I could see how it could be mistaken for coraline algae when looking quick.

pyithar
12/30/2014, 07:02 AM
is it the one hiding in a triangle shaped hole? i don't think it's dead yet. btw, your photo is upside down.

Clown Town
12/30/2014, 08:36 AM
It's shaped somewhat like a triangle but not in a hole. This is what it looked like when I first got the tank:

Clown Town
12/30/2014, 08:38 AM
is it the one hiding in a triangle shaped hole? i don't think it's dead yet. btw, your photo is upside down.

Also I couldn't figure out how to make it right side up but it's very aggregating.

azjohnny
12/30/2014, 09:53 AM
Also I couldn't figure out how to make it right side up but it's very aggregating.

On your computer go to the Pictures section, double click on the pic and you can rotate it from there and than download pic

m0nkie
12/30/2014, 03:31 PM
might help if you circle it..

Clown Town
12/30/2014, 06:25 PM
Sorry, computers drive me crazy, heres a better pic

pyithar
12/31/2014, 01:37 AM
if you're talking about the red one, it doesn't look like an anemone at all. it's probably some kind of coral. i think you're posting the wrong pics here :D

Clown Town
12/31/2014, 07:03 AM
if you're talking about the red one, it doesn't look like an anemone at all. it's probably some kind of coral. i think you're posting the wrong pics here :D

Haha yes i was talking about the red one. I wasnt sure what a dying anemone looked like so i figured that was it. Showed the picture to my LFS guy last night and he said dying coral as well. Just wanted to get a second opinion. Thanks for your help guys! Now if its dying should i remove it from the tank? Wont its death cause more nitrates?