PDA

View Full Version : Rita question

reefer roman
12/30/2014, 10:42 AM
How do you keep your bubble tip anemone looking like bubble tips instead of looking more like a long tentacle anenome

reefer roman
12/30/2014, 10:43 AM
That is rose bubble tip anenome

Rutrag
12/30/2014, 11:45 AM
No one knows what the secret is. I've seen nems in the same tank where one would bubble and another would not.

D-Nak
12/30/2014, 02:20 PM
As Rutrag mentioned, there is no way to control a BTA's tentacle shape or length. I've had BTAs with bubble tips on one side, and straight tentacles on the other. I used to think it had to do with buoyancy but I really have no idea at this point.

reefer roman
12/30/2014, 05:49 PM
Would lots of flow make them balloon out more? My nems always seem to migrate to more flow and high up in the tank where there is more light

AdamNC
12/30/2014, 08:11 PM
I found with mine with higher light and lower flow the tentacles bulb more.

reefer roman
12/31/2014, 08:57 AM
So do they prefer less flow? If this is so I have two and they both went to the top where more flow is. I don't believe lighting is my issue I have two AI Vegas over a 93 rimless cube. They should have plenty of light anywhere in my tank and their color is really good. Could it possibly be they are trying to get more food through the water current and extending their tentacles out to achieve this.

Rai
12/31/2014, 09:28 AM
I have two rose bubble tips anemones. After I fed one, it lost the shape of bulb like tips. A few days later, its tentacle shape up to bulb like tips again. But the other anemone, I fed it the same thing as the other anemone, but it doesn't lose the shape of bulb like tips. It always has bulb like tips so far. Both of mine had low flow, or no flow at all lol. I moved my powerhead a few days ago, so now one of them has a little bit more flows.Maybe it just depends on the bubble tips anemones.