PDA

View Full Version : Anemone Identifications, of two.

Saltliquid
01/01/2015, 05:31 AM
These anems do not get much larger then 6inches, never any along side each other and very hardy and I have never seen a clown in either of the many I have seen.
Any one know their species names?
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/SEQdivespots/tanks%20and%20tubs%20after%20power%20outage/anem-green-_zps20283b59.jpg

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/SEQdivespots/tanks%20and%20tubs%20after%20power%20outage/anem-red-_zpsf29ff33d.jpg

SNAKEMANVET
01/01/2015, 08:56 AM
Bras,bubble tip anemones.Really nice looking.

phender
01/02/2015, 05:16 PM
Entacmaea quadricolor is the species name. (aka Bubble-tip anemone, BTA)

I don't know what type of clowns you have. They are not the first choice of ocellaris and percula clowns, although they may adopt the anemone if they have no other choices. Sometimes it may take a while. It took one of my pairs over 3 years. :)

Tomato and clarki type clowns usually accept BTAs very readily.

TigeBell
01/02/2015, 05:23 PM
Bras,bubble tip anemones.Really nice looking.

+1 By chance, will the be shipping them to the USA?

CoralsAddiction
01/02/2015, 06:02 PM
Entacmaea quadricolor is the species name. (aka Bubble-tip anemone, BTA)

I don't know what type of clowns you have. They are not the first choice of ocellaris and percula clowns, although they may adopt the anemone if they have no other choices. Sometimes it may take a while. It took one of my pairs over 3 years. :)

Tomato and clarki type clowns usually accept BTAs very readily.

+1. In addition to above mentioned clowns, BTA is a natural host for Maroon clownfish, Bicinctus clownfish, McCulloch's Clownfish and may be one or two more clowns.

m0nkie
01/02/2015, 06:27 PM
+1 By chance, will the be shipping them to the USA?

there should be tonssssss of BTA in California.. if anything just check around SF. I know in LA, you can find them in every single fish store. Some nicer than others. if you want to make a trip to LA. we can tell you where to find them. from $20 - $500

CoralsAddiction
01/02/2015, 06:38 PM
there should be tonssssss of BTA in California.. if anything just check around SF. I know in LA, you can find them in every single fish store. Some nicer than others. if you want to make a trip to LA. we can tell you where to find them. from $20 - $500

It looks like OP is in Australia. LOL :)

phender
01/03/2015, 02:09 PM
+1. In addition to above mentioned clowns, BTA is a natural host for Maroon clownfish, Bicinctus clownfish, McCulloch's Clownfish and may be one or two more clowns.

I meant all the Tomato type clowns (which includes McCulloch's) and all the Clarkii type clowns (which includes bicinctus). I did leave out the Maroon's though.

FWIW, the other clown groups are the Skunk group, the Percula group and the Polymnus group. These three groups don't normally associate with BTAs in the wild with the exception of A. latzonatus (part of the polymnus group). There are a couple of "tweeners". Some people put A. nigripes in with the skunk group, others put it in the Tomato group. A. omanensis could be Clarkii or Tomato group, depending on who you talk to.

Bristle_Worm
01/05/2015, 01:48 AM
Nice ones