PDA

View Full Version : Received CP, just want to confirm Tx regiment :)

TitanCi
01/02/2015, 12:05 PM
I tried to pm snorvich, but apparently I can't messages to him. :)

Any way I was able to get cp from the ebay seller and I am reading conflicting info regarding tx dose and regimen.

It appears that treatment should begin with a 25% WC and dose at 1/8 tsp per ten gallons, for me that means 1/2 tsp, and then leave this for 10 days, replenishing dose with amount of water changed.

Does this seem appropriate and true?

I read that some companies suggest re-dosing at day two with a partial water change: if this is true, does that mean I am re-dosing with 1/2 tsp?

I would like the opinion and help of the experts or the ones who have used the cp, especially seeing how the seller is out of stock of all smaller quantities and I don't have much to mess up with. :)

I appreciate the help, RC, and this was one time consuming and expensive mistake to make. Never again will I ever NOT QT.

Btw, I did search and read and read wwm, that's why I am now confused. So please, no "just search comments" :))))

Shanet
01/02/2015, 04:42 PM
The dose I have used successfully on 2 occasions is:
10mg/ litre or 40mg/gallon
This is a ONE TIME DOSE, with lights off or very low for 30 days. If you do a water change re dose for the amount you replaced. Some people have their skimmers off as well, I dont.

TitanCi
01/02/2015, 06:15 PM
You left tx in for 30 days vs. The 10 days?

paka
01/02/2015, 06:28 PM
I use CP the same way Shanet does for a full 30 days. I do a couple of water changes during the 30 days and redose for the amount of water replaced. In my case the water changes are not necessary but I do them anyway to feel safe. :)

TitanCi
01/02/2015, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys!

TitanCi
01/02/2015, 06:59 PM
Did you use the eBay seller?

Yellow Eyes
01/02/2015, 07:57 PM
I am curious about the eBay seller as well. I was looking at one of them (I found two), but was not sure how well I could trust it. Does anyone (OP included) have any info/reviews on them?

Shanet
01/02/2015, 10:55 PM
I used CP from Ebay, it was the one with the labeled packages. It was the real deal.
I have done a 21 day treatment with good results.

paka
01/02/2015, 11:00 PM
I did not buy mine on ebay and I haven't looked up the ebay seller.
I have purchased mine from three different sources over the last couple of years. One source does give the 10 day treatment instructions and seems to have the same instructions on many of their products. I have faith in their products and purchase them but go with treatment instructions that I get from researching rather than whats printed on their labels.

Hope that helps. :)

TitanCi
01/03/2015, 02:38 AM
Thanks guys!!!!

LESSON LEARNED: QT EVERYTHING. I've spent countless unnecessary hours reading, prepping, driving, stressing, spending $... When I didn't have to. Getting electrocuted multiple times... It's not fun. No more releasing fish into DT after a few days. NOT worth it.

TitanCi
01/04/2015, 10:41 AM
Quick update: bought the CP from a seller with a pic of a purple tang with really bad ich on it. Mine were never to that extent, but anyway, all fish livestock seem to be taking tx well, seeing how it's only day one. Dosed 5/8 tsp to the HT, and even 6 line wrasse seems unphased.

TitanCi
01/04/2015, 09:47 PM
Update: just in case anyone is thinking of using CP: wrasse is doing ok, and everyone seems more lively after a day of tx.

All swimming around more, no loss of appetite, white film on glass. No one is really sticking to the bottom of the tank, no one looks lethargic. Man, this stuff seems to be working real well for a day and it's obviously promising for the hobbyist!

jbvdhp
01/05/2015, 01:34 PM
Update 3:

Saw one of the tangs try to scratch on the PVC pipe a few times, no spots visibly seen. "welts"/areas where it looks like cysts ruptured off tang's skin aren't as noticeable anymore, and coloration seems to be darker as well (coincidental?).

Added one more 1/8 tsp to the tank, totalling 3/4 tsp total for roughly 40 gallons of water. I won't be adding more, wrasse is still doing fine.

TitanCi
01/05/2015, 08:47 PM
Just in case anyone is reading... And serves as a journal/log for me... Yellow and sohal and purple tang are showing ich on their bodies and are scratching.

Hope the CP will get the buggers as they fall off and stuff. Poor fish.

paka
01/06/2015, 11:36 AM
Hi TitanCi, Just want to give you a heads up that in my experience CP does not eradicate Cryptocaryon even after a 30 day treatment. I use CP for Amyloodinium and as a quarantine treatment if I suspect a fish may have been exposed to Amyloodinium.

Sorry I didn't realize earlier that you were targeting Crytocaryon. (I assume you mean Crypto when you say Ich). I use a formalin protocol for crypto.

jbvdhp
01/06/2015, 02:07 PM
uh oh...^

mattcoug
01/07/2015, 12:41 AM
Hi TitanCi, Just want to give you a heads up that in my experience CP does not eradicate Cryptocaryon even after a 30 day treatment. I use CP for Amyloodinium and as a quarantine treatment if I suspect a fish may have been exposed to Amyloodinium.

Sorry I didn't realize earlier that you were targeting Crytocaryon. (I assume you mean Crypto when you say Ich). I use a formalin protocol for crypto.

IME CP has worked perfectly for ich and velvet - it is useless for brook.