PDA

View Full Version : Can this Green Star Polyp frag grow to have a hill-look?

Pacifism
01/03/2015, 10:19 AM
I received a very very small frag of a Green Star Polyp [Picture Left] and I want it to grow so it has a nice hill-like look such as the picture on the right.

In order to do this...
Do i need to take the star polyp off the frag base and put it on a nice round rock and wait for it to spread around the round rock so it can have this look?
Or is it possible that the GSP will swell(?) up to a nice round look on its own just from the frag base it is sitting on currently?

Do GSP grow only through horizontal growth by spreading or Can they grow larger in terms of size as well?

Thanks!

saf1
01/03/2015, 01:13 PM
If you look around the various search engines or even youtube you will see GSP will grow any which way. May go more with direction of flow but even with that being said I have mound of GSP that continues to spread regardless of low.

I just played the frag rock where I wanted it to start and it went from there. In time you can even lift a piece and move it elsewhere. Basically you place the frag at location A and it will spread. That is about all you have to do.

EDIT: Here is a mound of mine. While I don't have a current image it has now covered the rocks behind it where the two RBTA are located. One of them since moved but the other is still there.

MdgtRac
01/03/2015, 08:33 PM
GSP will take the shape of any surface it spreads its mat on. If you want it mound shaped like you see in the picture, then place the frag on a rounded rock. It will eventually spread off the plug onto the rock, and it grows rather quickly.