PDA

View Full Version : White mark on Clownfish's face

Rai
01/04/2015, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know what that white mark is? My other clownfish had that mark on her chin before, but it went away after a week. Now this little guy has it. He doesn't has any strange behaviors. He swims normally and also eat well. My other clownfish was also like that too. Nothing strange was going on, except that white mark. Is it some kind of disease? I hope it doesn't come back again. Sorry for bad photo. I had hard time taking them. The white mark is located at between his mouth and eye.

Browndawg80
01/04/2015, 08:52 PM
Flatworm?

Fragman4
01/04/2015, 09:22 PM
Are both clowns the same size? It might be a battle wound from them trying to figure out which one goes female.

Rai
01/04/2015, 09:33 PM
Are both clowns the same size? It might be a battle wound from them trying to figure out which one goes female.
no, my female is almost twice as big. This one doesn't attack my female. my female is the one being bossy. I don't really see my female hurt him tho, most of the time he doesn't even bother to run away or show submission. He just dodged the female when she charged at him. Lately, i see him show submission.

Rai
01/04/2015, 09:54 PM
the white mark looks like a cotton. If it is fungal infection, do they go away by itself, and will it come back?

Rai
01/04/2015, 10:23 PM
Flatworm?
I don't see them in my tank tho.

Fragman4
01/05/2015, 04:46 PM
Fungal infections don't usually go away all by themselves. The symptoms dissipate for a bit but it usually comes back. I would definitely say its fungal or battle wounds. Do you have a QT tank to catch them and throw them in? You could treat them with a few products that Seachem offers. Kanaplex is for bacterial and fungal infections. It should cure them in less then a week.

Rai
01/05/2015, 05:49 PM
Thank you for the input guys.

Hopefully, it is a battle wound. I will keep my eyes on him for now. If he doesn't get better, I will try Kanaplex in 10g hospital tank. When they are cured, can I put them back to the display tank right away, or do I need to wait like 2 months?