PDA

View Full Version : Anemone slime coat

slickace17
01/06/2015, 10:33 AM
Hey guys I believe that the slime coat on my anemone which is a bubble tip by the way I believe it is coming off ic cobweb looking stuff around the base of his foot my water parameters are fine except that my nitrate is a little high maybe around 10 and I don't have a lighting fixture yet but the guy at my LFS store said that it should be okay with the direct sunlight I have he eats just fine and is firmly attached to where he moved to about a month ago just wanting to make sure that all is well by the way it seems that my fire shrimp is cleaning or eating the cobwebs from around him

Squeaky
01/09/2015, 01:23 PM
I only recently got a bubble tip myself but he did leave a bit of slime the first day I dropped him in. Since then he as moved all around my tank, I would say as long as it looks normal and healthy you should be fine.

Won't preach to you about the lighting because that's just beating the dead horse.

Betta132
01/11/2015, 03:48 AM
How trustworthy is this LFS guy? If you have someone telling you something, you should always think about if they'll make money by telling you the thing. If so, it's best to research the advice in question.
Pictures are usually helpful for diagnostic purposes.