PDA

View Full Version : reef radiance led lights on the APEX??

tonyyloww
01/08/2015, 07:42 PM
waz up reefers wanted to know if anyone uses the Reef Radiance led lights with the APEX. I want to buy a APEX to hook it up on my 3 Reef Radiance Coral Pro. but wanted to see if anyone has done this. thanks guys!!!:thumbsup:

reefcrazy0821
01/08/2015, 09:11 PM
I also would like to know the answer to this. When I ordered my reef radiance lumentek pro 180 they gave me the option to add the apex hook up to my light, like an idiot I declined cause I had no intentions on buying an apex, but what do you know I'm now in the market and bout to pull the trigger on the apex.

SammyL
01/08/2015, 09:13 PM
I know that my lumentek's cannot be hooked up. They also informed me that they have no intention on making any kind of kit so I could convert it to an APEX controlable light.

reefcrazy0821
01/08/2015, 10:41 PM
I know that my lumentek's cannot be hooked up. They also informed me that they have no intention on making any kind of kit so I could convert it to an APEX controlable light.

When my light was ordered and in the process of the waiting period of the light, they emailed me with the option to add an apex adapter or something of that sort for an extra $50-$60 I can't remember exactly. This was back in April/May of last year.

SammyL
01/09/2015, 07:25 AM
When my light was ordered and in the process of the waiting period of the light, they emailed me with the option to add an apex adapter or something of that sort for an extra $50-$60 I can't remember exactly. This was back in April/May of last year.

That is true but they have since abanded the idea.

Trust me I wish I would have spent the money and had the upgrade performed.

I have even spoke with them about just sending me a diagram and I will hook it up myself.

reefcrazy0821
01/09/2015, 07:43 AM
That is true but they have since abanded the idea.

Trust me I wish I would have spent the money and had the upgrade performed.

I have even spoke with them about just sending me a diagram and I will hook it up myself.

Ohh, I didn't know they abandoned it.... I'm in the same boat with you, I should have just spent the money.... Too bad they wouldn't just sell you the piece, That would have worked out pretty sweet.