PDA

View Full Version : Around power heads?

Salty Cracker
01/12/2015, 08:50 PM
Just checked my QT And lost my other clown due to the power head. Any suggestions with power heads?

morleyz
01/12/2015, 08:54 PM
Most healthy fish should be able to escape the pull of a powerhead. You can always put a sponge over the intake screen, but I would look for other causes of your fish deaths/weakness.

FraggledRock
01/12/2015, 09:05 PM
it may have died and then ended up in the powerhead.

unless you have a massive powerhead in a 10 gallon...

rfgonzo
01/12/2015, 09:46 PM
I'm a little confused, was the clown fish sucked up against the intake of the powerhead? Or are you saying he swam into the powerhead? If he was stuck against the intake more than likely he had died previously, then as he floated through the tank he got sucked up against the powerhead.

Salty Cracker
01/12/2015, 10:46 PM
Small power head in a 30 gallon QT. Stuck in the intake. The power head is a 100 gph with suction cups placed high.

Salty Cracker
01/12/2015, 10:59 PM
The power head was at the top of the tank. The clown was doing good. After dinner I went in to feed the QT and noticed the powerhead slide down the glass to the bottom. The clown was stuck on the intake still kicking a little. Killed the power to the power head and minutes later the clown was dead. The tank lights were out, and like all the fish the went low to seek a sleeping spot in the rocks and pvc.