PDA

View Full Version : Aptasia X and Anemone

Ztrain
01/14/2015, 04:56 PM
I found an Aptasia last night and am considering using Aptasia X on it. I am getting ready to purchase an anemone. If I get another Aptasia in the tank which is possibly likely at some point how safe is it to use a product like this with other anemone in the tank?

Ztrain
01/14/2015, 04:59 PM
I'm getting ready to try another anemone now that my tank is at the 6 month point. So I have a Kessil 150 Ocean blue but am considering upgrading. The light seems to have no green. The Algae I do have looks brown instead of green under this light. So I am considering the 160 or the 360. I've heard that the 160 is the exactly same spectrum outputs as the 360 just with less power behind it. For my small 30g tank would it be better to use a 160 at near full or go with the 360 and not run it at full power?

Anyone have long term success with BTAs and Kessil lights?

KorD
01/14/2015, 05:06 PM
As long as you apply the X to the aphasia only and have all powerheads and flow off like the directions say, then there should be no problems.

enchelycore808
01/14/2015, 08:41 PM
Just used aiptasia x two weeks ago. Funny thing is when pumps went back on it blew a bunch of the aiptasia x in to my BTA and it ended up eating it. Been keeping an eye on it but it seems fine. Also had it fall on a mini maxi before with no ill effects.