PDA

View Full Version : DOS for auto water changes

b7fig
01/14/2015, 08:40 PM
Has anybody set one up to do this yet? If so, how do you like it? Even though I have an apex, I was getting ready to get the Litermeter III for auto water changes because of the great reviews but then this came out.

One of my issues is my saltwater is about 50 to 60 ft away from my tank. All on the same level, so no elevation issues, but not sure it can suck in water from that far away. Any idea? That is a big selling point on the liter meter, it advertises 60ft and many people have ran even farther.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

kenargo
01/15/2015, 01:07 AM
I have and I like it a lot! I ran a LM III for the longest time but changed to the DOS during beta and haven't looked back. I can't speak to the distance but my pump is above water level and it sucks well (I haven't seen any issues with reverse siphon); which is good.

96slowbra
01/29/2015, 08:43 PM
how much do you change out daily? I have a little over 200 gallons in my system and was planning on about 1 gallon daily. How does this break down the changes?

LongIslandMike
02/14/2015, 08:43 PM
I also have a 200dd tank and use the Dose for my daily water changes. I remove 2 gallons (7562.8 ML) per day. It breaks down the changes by ML. I love it. It makes like so much easier. The only thing I found is that you have to mount the Dose above the tank and reservoir. Also make sure the new water return line going back into the tank is above the water and not in it. For some reason when I had the return line in the sump water I got a back syphon. Also I am not sure what ATO you use. I am using the breakout box on my apex for my ATO. You just have to make sure your ATO doesn't come on during your water changes. I programmed my apex not to run the ATO at that time. It takes about 2 hours for it to remove 2 gallons and another 2 hours to put another 2 back in.