PDA

View Full Version : Kessil wattage need some help!

fitnessitalia
01/16/2015, 01:57 PM
First and foremost kessil is the bomb
What I'm trying to figure out I hope someone asked and figured out prior to this so here goes
I ran 150a s for actinic supplementation which I just upgraded. I know when you run them they run around 38 watts each
My question is I now I have two a350n and one a360n
Talking to kessil is sounded as if you run the 360 regardless of color array, if the intensity is 100% you are running full wattage. Do you all agree with that statement?
Second question is on the 350s, if white is zero percent and blue 100 does that mean I have reduced the wattage and intensity?
I'm more concerned with running full wattage from an electric standpoint as I'd hate to run 350s for actinic when I can run 150s and get the same wattage/kelvin out of them
Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!

that Fish Guy
01/16/2015, 05:56 PM
First and foremost kessil is the bomb
What I'm trying to figure out I hope someone asked and figured out prior to this so here goes
I ran 150a s for actinic supplementation which I just upgraded. I know when you run them they run around 38 watts each
My question is I now I have two a350n and one a360n
Talking to kessil is sounded as if you run the 360 regardless of color array, if the intensity is 100% you are running full wattage. Do you all agree with that statement?
Second question is on the 350s, if white is zero percent and blue 100 does that mean I have reduced the wattage and intensity?
I'm more concerned with running full wattage from an electric standpoint as I'd hate to run 350s for actinic when I can run 150s and get the same wattage/kelvin out of them
Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!

The A150's are 32 Watts.

The Newer A160's are 40 Watts.

All other Models are 90 Watts.

Because of the way it is set up I think that if you turn an A350 to All Blue and now White you will be using Half the Total Power (45 Watts).

But the A360's are different in that you pick the color then the Intensity.

So choosing all Blue and making the Intensity should give you the Full 90 Watts with an A360.

fitnessitalia
01/16/2015, 06:28 PM
Makes sense
Thus the improvement to the 360
Appreciate
The feedback
Wasn't to sure on the a350

that Fish Guy
01/17/2015, 12:18 AM
Makes sense
Thus the improvement to the 360
Appreciate
The feedback
Wasn't to sure on the a350

I could be wrong but that seems to make sense to me.

Does anybody know for sure?

theatrus
01/17/2015, 12:28 AM
I don't own any Kessil lights, but have dealt with LEDs before.

I'm assuming the Kessil uses a two channel setup (50/50 CW / Blue), but the below also applies with more channels. Also, I'm going to judge everything by power-input, not luminous flux or PAR, to keep it "simple"(?).

If there were no limits in the Kessil light output, using only the blue emitters would mean you are at half-power, as you are using only "half" the LEDs (assuming a 50/50 split).

However, it is possible the Kessil is thermally limited (or operates in a manner which is similar to being thermally limited), which means in order to run the LEDs at the rated levels its only possible of shedding X watts in the array. In this case, if you are running both sets of emitters and have "max output", each half is only at 50% power. The total system input power remains the same, and allows you to run "full" power across the range of blending.

This is a lot of conjecture from reading the above thread and thinking about design possibilities :)

that Fish Guy
01/17/2015, 07:47 AM
I forgot to mention that the Kessils are supposed to be Full Spectrum Lights including UV.

So it is not just a 50/50 combination of White and Blue.

So taking that into account it should be less than 45 Watts with Blue at 100 Percent.

The only real way to know would be to contact Kessil since I they would be the only ones to know that.

I have not seen those numbers listed anywhere.

fitnessitalia
01/19/2015, 04:33 PM
Kess didn't have a number, more so. Theory so I'm still lost

I guess I'll have to take and actual wattage meter

that Fish Guy
01/19/2015, 09:06 PM
Kess didn't have a number, more so. Theory so I'm still lost

I guess I'll have to take and actual wattage meter

Let us know the Results.

I can't wait.