PDA

View Full Version : Powder blue tang

arron
01/18/2015, 10:38 AM
I currently have a powder blue tang in my quarantine tank, he'll be the first fish in my 140g tank and i was thinking will he be aggressive to other fishes?? Apart from other tangs will he be aggressive towards clowns, wrasses, dwarf angels etc. If he is I'll probably sell him off but it's so hard to find a powder blue that responds well and eats readily [emoji20]

Nanighan
01/18/2015, 12:11 PM
Mine was added last and was roughly the same size as the biggest tang in the tank the kole tang. Within a week it became top dog. Nothing to crazy just some slight chasing and tail wagging.
I say keep him in quarantine longer and go get your other fish.

OrionN
01/18/2015, 05:35 PM
PBT would be the last fish I add instead of the first. Once he is in and comfortable you will have problem adding other fish especially angel and tang

Dr Colliebreath
01/19/2015, 10:27 PM
As the others have said, add you PBT last as it frequently is difficult or impossible to add other fish once the PBT is established.

ca1ore
01/19/2015, 10:49 PM
Acanthurus genus seems particularly intolerant of newcomers. Achilles, PB, Sohal, Clown are all likely to end up as the alpha fish.

mattgumaer
01/20/2015, 06:17 AM
Just added my powder blue to my display about 3 weeks ago. Somewhat to my surprise, my foxface, despite being a little smaller than the PB, remains (at least for now) the dominant fish in the tank. So far my PB is less aggressive than expected. He doesn't even seem to pay attention to the smaller kole and yellow tangs in the tank (also added at about the same time). Having said all that, my tangs were the last fish added to my tank and I tried to add them all at about the same time. I would definitely try to add fish from least to most aggressive to increase the chances of success. In my limited experience, dwarf angels can also be little terrors once they establish a territory.

Matt