PDA

View Full Version : Surprise anemone! In the overflow.....

enchelycore808
01/18/2015, 09:52 PM
Just thought I'd share this. So for the last two weeks my water level in my sump has been fluctuating about a inch or so. One day it'll be up an inch and the next day it'll be lower by an inch or so. I have just replaced the return pump with a larger pump and thought that was the cause. To be honest I never gave it too much thought until his morning when I woke up to about a gallon of water on my floor. I finally removed the screen over the overflow box and what do I find in there? A little mini maxi anemone! Thing is all my maxis are accounted for so this little guy is new. I know they can be cut easily but I have never had a maxi split before. Any ways, I just figured I'd share this for those who'd be interested.

enchelycore808
01/18/2015, 09:53 PM
A little bleached but alive.

worm5406
01/18/2015, 10:54 PM
That is interesting.

Hopefully it did not flood to much or at least you were able to have a sensor and cut the pumps off.

What type drain did you have for a small flood? Was there maybe others that are stuck in the plumbing?

enchelycore808
01/19/2015, 02:09 AM
That is interesting.

Hopefully it did not flood to much or at least you were able to have a sensor and cut the pumps off.

What type drain did you have for a small flood? Was there maybe others that are stuck in the plumbing?

Not to bad. only about 2 gallons on the floor. The overflow is a u-tube style one so the nem was snuggled up against it blocking the flow haha! I still trying to figure out where it came from.

TheSaltySnailer
01/19/2015, 02:31 AM
Well that must have been a nice suprise!

enchelycore808
01/19/2015, 05:34 PM
Well that must have been a nice suprise!

Yeah was definitely a surprise! Didn't expect to pull a new nem out of the overflow. Thought maybe a turbo snail or something might have been the culprit.

tkeracer619
01/19/2015, 06:09 PM
If I got a nem each time I put 2 gallons on the floor...

enchelycore808
03/26/2015, 08:19 PM
Well I seem to be good at propagating maxis, had another split and wash down to the filter sock and another split and stick to the frag rack. I thought maxis weren't supposed to split like the minis lol.

top shelf
03/27/2015, 02:56 PM
Must say that is pretty awesome, I'd be ecstatic just to have my bta split once but several times. Do you do anything special or different with your tank? I wish I could be more help but I know nothing about Maxi's just interested in general.

enchelycore808
03/28/2015, 02:20 PM
Must say that is pretty awesome, I'd be ecstatic just to have my bta split once but several times. Do you do anything special or different with your tank? I wish I could be more help but I know nothing about Maxi's just interested in general.

If anything I feed fairly often. Maybe more then I should but everything seems healthy and water checks out. When I wanted my BTAs to split, I fed them 3-4 times a week with small chunks of shrimp soaked in selcon. I stopped feeding them so much cuz they started taking over though.

top shelf
03/28/2015, 04:34 PM
Maybe down the road thats what I'll have to try, I dont feed either one right now they just "catch" whatever from the water column. Thanks for info though when I want to try and recoupe some money I'll give it a go. Hope all continues to go well for you.