PDA

View Full Version : Maxcap 90 with DWK with Airgap faucet

rrusch24
01/21/2015, 12:25 PM
I am beginning to see some strange TDS numbers from after my carbon block. When I first set this up after Thanksgiving my numbers were all in order:

379>145>45>0

For the last few days my numbers after the carbon block are absurd:

384>143>1400>27

I have the DWK and have been thumbing over the manual for hours to make sure I am setup correctly. I am setup per the instructions on page 6 from the DWK.pdf. I generally do a 2 minute manual flush both before and after I begin pulling water. Any ideas?

rrusch24
01/21/2015, 01:57 PM
I been making water for the last hour and now I am getting even worse numbers:

375>81>250>40

SpectraPure
01/21/2015, 03:53 PM
Hello my friend! I will be happy to help you out! First I need to know a few things.

What is the model of your system?
What is the PSI on the gauge when running?
How many milliliters of product water is produced in 1 minute?
How many milliliters of waste water is produced in 1 minute?
When making DI water do you make large batches and shut off the DI when you are done, or is the DI short cycling on a float all the time?
Does the waste water shut off when the system has completely stopped producing water?
Do you have a water quality report for the water source you are on for the year 2014?

These questions will help us determine if there is either a problem with the system, or it will determine if there is something in your water that is causing an underlying issue.

If this is a problem with the system I will be happy to rectify it, and if it is a water quality issue I will succeed in educating you on how to prevent this from happening again.

Thank you very much for your support in our products, and I will hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you very much,

Jeremy
Spectrapure Inc.

rrusch24
01/21/2015, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the reply, Jeremy.

The pressure is at 66 psi. I got 2/3 cup of DI in 1 minute but I got zero waste water. I think this could be the issue right here. When I hit the manual flush and I have a lot of waste water coming out, none when I open the DI valve.

I generally make 5-10 gallons of DI a week but I use the drinking water everyday. I have never heard the waste water run while I was making DI. Unsure as to a water quality report, I am located here in North Phoenix.

rrusch24
01/21/2015, 07:32 PM
My model is the Maxcap 90 2:1 - MC-RODI-90-10-MF

I bypassed my drinking water kit entirely and went with the stock setup per the Maxcap instructions. I can now hear waste water running when the system does. This brought my post membrane tds down to 40-50 but my DI side was still ultra high 171 and 145 for the final DI. Something is not working correctly.

Would the drinking water kit somehow cause the DI side, not sure how, to deplete faster?

rrusch24
01/22/2015, 04:00 PM
Replaced the DI per Jeremy's advice. Back to normal.

379>8>0>0

Thanks again!

SpectraPure
01/22/2015, 09:09 PM
Ok now we need to try to get the membrane below 8. If we can get it to 4 we can double your DI life. Do you have a 99% rejection membrane? Also, I can help you hook up that DWK if you want, or if you want to separate it we can do that too.

Jeremy

rrusch24
01/23/2015, 08:58 AM
Yes, I have the MEM-SP-0090 installed at the moment.

SpectraPure
01/23/2015, 09:10 PM
We need to make sure that your membrane isn't damaged. When is the last time you changed the carbon block?

rrusch24
01/23/2015, 11:28 PM
I haven't ever changed it. I got this unit new the week of Thanksgiving so its only 2 months old, max.

SpectraPure
01/30/2015, 12:33 AM
Ok lets try to answer some more in depth questions. This will help us determine if we can do better. To clarify to get 99% you have to meet a certain criteria for water conditions.

Hello. I will be happy to help you.

Some good sources of critical information before we start:

Our warranty information can be found at http://spectrapure.com/Warranty-info

Return information and the process as a whole: https://spectrapure.com/index.php?route=account/return/insert

Much information can be found for in your manual which you can download here: http://spectrapure.com/Product-Manuals

Many questions are answered here and it may help you immediately: http://spectrapure.com/technical-info

And many in depth discussions on issues and performance can be found here: http://spectrapure.com/frequently-asked-questions

We want to help you and give you as much information as we can to help you be successful.

Now onward, I need to get some background information from you that will help me assist you and get your system or problem fixed as fast as possible.

1) What model of system? (component) (from the sticker) do you have?
2) What is the date (if available) on the sticker for the system/item?
3) Did you purchase this from Spectrapure (a), or from a retailer or other source(b)?
a. Can you provide a copy of and tell me the date on our invoice and the invoice number/proof of purchase?
b. Can you provide a copy and tell me the date on the invoice and the invoice number or proof of purchase?
4) What is your pressure reading on the gage on the system during operation?

Please refer to your system manual:
5) What color flow restrictor does your system have installed? Red or green?
6) What amount of product water is produced in 1 minute? We prefer this in milliliters.
7) What amount of waste water is produced in 1 minute? (again, in milliters).

Other critical information for us to help you. You may need to have a copy of your local water report on hand:
8) What is your water temperature?
9) What is your water pressure?
10) What is the pH of the source water?
11) What is the kH of the source water?
12) What is the gH of the the source water?
13) Are you on a well or on a city source?
14) When making DO water, do you make large batches, 5 gallons, 50 gallons, or drinking water? Or as needed small batches? etc etc etc
15) Does the waste water etc etc
16) How many gallons of product water do you make each month?
17) When was your last pre filter change?
18) When was your last membrane change?
19) When was your last DI change?
20) Can you please send us a copy of your water report, this can very helpful!

Jeremy

SpectraPure
02/03/2015, 10:05 AM
With the information below we can accurately fix any kind of water purification problem. We are water purification experts. Lets start off slower. My name is Jeremy. pm me your phone number, and I will be happy to call you! =)